Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
On this episode of the 20 Dollar Chef, I am joined by my friend, Chef, and Author, Serena Wolf. We talk about her second book; “The Dude Diet. Dinnertime!” Currently on sale wherever books are sold, including Amazon!
Nobody wants to show up empty-handed on Thanksgiving. So I asked Serena to help me out with a nice side dish for Thanksgiving. She recommended a nice Brussels Sprout Salad. For whatever reason people only used to only boil these things and they tasted like dog shit. Somewhere along the way chefs figured out they taste much better baked.
This is a perfect side dish. Extremely delicious and loaded with flavor. I loved buying the thick ass bacon for this recipe. Mainly because you have to buy more than needed and that leaves you with leftover bacon for breakfast the following morning. I’ve added the ingredients list to make it easier for you to look like a saint tomorrow.
Thanks for watching now go show off in front of grandma tomorrow!
- 1 1/2 pounds of Brussel Sprouts. washed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Plus more if needed. (Depending on that blood pressure situation, homie.)
- Black pepper. However much you like!
- A 4-ounce piece of thick-ass bacon
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- A teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove. Graded or Finely minced