It's true. In just his 22nd game, David Pastrnak has recorded his 20th goal of the season... it's not even December yet... it's not even THANKSGIVING yet. But the Bruins have Brad Marchand and Tuukka Rask to thank for tonight, Marchy followed up his 3 point night in New Jersey with a 2 goal game tonight against the Sabres and Tuukka Rask was stood on his head, making 36 saves as the B's picked up the 2 points.
Rasmus Ristolainen opened the scoring with a PPG (Kuraly in the box for tripping). 1-0 Sabres.
Brad Marchand tipped home Zdeno Chara's shot from the point to tie the game late in the 1st.
The shot counter, not the score, told the story of the first period. The Bruins were being outshot 13-0 before they got their first puck on net… 12 minutes into the game. Absolutely dog shit start to the game but guess what, their 2nd shot of the game went in. 1-1 after 1. Sabres just won more battles, I guess decaf was on tap before tonight's tilt.
Brad Marchand buried Matt Grzelcyk's rebound for his 2nd goal of the game on the PP. 2-1 Bruins.
Evan Rodgrigues was looking for the equalizer on a open net for Buffalo but Tuukka Rask stuck out his blocker hand to rob him. Absolutely incredible save.
David Pastrnak recorded his 20th goal of the season on the PP in the 3rd. Yes, he's at 20 already. 3-1 Bruins.
With 7:02 left in the 3rd Brandon Montour gave the Sabres life and pulled within 1, but that was all she wrote.
FINAL: Boston 3, Buffalo 2
News, notes and quotes:
- Quiet start: took a whopping 12 minutes for the Bruins to get a SOG in the first period, but they came together against a lesser opponent and got the 2 points.
- Patrice Bergeron made his return to the lineup tonight, reuniting with the Perfection Line. We have a pretty fire Bergy shirt going on sale this Black Friday… Played a healthy 18:16 tonight.
- Brad Marchand has been an absolute treat to watch this season, he followed up his 3 point night in New Jersey with a 2 goal performance tonight (14th, 15th goals of the season). His 161 goals scored since '15-16 are the 3rd most in the NHL. Elite pest. While Pasta gets all the hype with leading the league in goal scoring, Marchand is right there with him making plays.
- 20 for Pasta: David Pastrnak recorded his 20th goal of the season in his 22nd game. It's not even Thanksgiving yet.
- Taking care of business… The Bruins have started to right the ship after a brutal skid last a few weeks ago, beating the teams they're supposed to beat.
- Interesting stat: The Mayor of Walpole's throw down with Curtis Lazar was just the 2nd ever fight in the Bruins season so far.
- Matt Grzelcyk once again making things happen. Made the slick play to get the puck on net in the 2nd on the PP and Brad Marchand was able to bury the rebound.
- whispers 2 for 2 tonight on the PP. A lot of that has to do with that guy ^^^, I also think the switch of Danton Heinen as the net front man instead of Jake DeBrusk has helped as well.
- Tuukka Rask had his work cut out for him tonight, 16 first period saves. No save was better than his blocker hand robbery on Evan Rodrigues. Save of the year. Stood on his head tonight. 36 total saves. Hell of a game. I believe Jaro Halak will be in net next.
- Par Lindholm got hurt on his first shift of the game, but he did return in the 2nd. Brett Ritchie DNP due to his elbow infection issue. Torey Krug is a possibility for Saturday when the Bruins are back against the Minnesota Wild.
Slow start, solid finish. Put it in the win column.
It was a great night to win a hockey game.