Welcome back to Bosco’s Bets presented by OddsShark.com
Big weekend ahead, so let’s get right to some of the major stories out there.
– The Oscars are this weekend, and as all things- they have odds via a variety of books. I’ve mentioned before I’m not a hug fan of the Oscars since Good Will Hunting got hosed for Best Picture. However, I will watch if for nothing else than the live-tweeting. As far as the odds, here’s the main three awards :
– The NBA is headlined by a big Eastern Conference match up between the Cavs (-1.5) at Toronto. Here’s some trends on that :
Full NBA trends and odds can be found here.
A great piece can also be found here about how profitable fading The Suns may be.
– On the UFC front, Conor McGregor opens as a -350 favorite vs Nate Diaz for there March 5th fight. Full read here.
-College Hoops has another slate of games as usual. The IVY League dominates the schedule with the full league (8 teams) squaring off. The match up of Harvard and Yale (-14.5) features two teams with vastly different ATS records.
Full college slate odds and trends are here via OddsShark.com
-Presidential Odds have skyrocketed, as Las Vegas and offshore sports books are reporting they are seeing more interest than ever before for a Presidential election, with at least one book, Bovada, saying they are seeing more than double the action this election compared to last. Full story and odds here.
– All you baseball die hards will be happy to know, MLB Cy Young odds were released via OddsShark.com . Clayton Kershaw and Chris Sale are the favorites.
– As El Prez mentioned on his FANTASTIC podcast this week he was stuck with two dud horses as part of The Peter Chernin deal. However, non dud horses running in the Kentucky Derby have early odds posted here.
Switching things up a bit and going to The NBA as the pick tonight, as I ‘m not a huge fan of the NCAA slate of games.
Grizzlies are 14-5 since since January 8th. In that stretch they have been 12-1 versus sub 500 teams with their only loss on the road in Minnesota by 5. Those 12 wins have averaged out at 8.5 points per game. In their last 16 games Memphis offense has put up 105.6 ppg, which goes well with their 6th rated defense.
Memphis held off The Lakers the other night with a 9 point win at home, yet it is a little deceptive the game was that close as The Lakers shot 43.5% from 3pt (17-39) and The Grizz held a 19 point lead with 4:56 before letting off the gas.
Memphis is in the thick of the playoff race sitting currently at the 5 seed but only trailing The Clippers by 2.5 games. Grabbing wins in must have games versus lowly teams is essentially when trying to move up the standings and the difference between 4-5 is home court. They’ve done a great job getting wins versus inferior teams, and with two more games on the road up next, I like them to grab another must win game tonight rather comfortably vs a Lakers team who’s in shambles.
-Want to tell my friend Hank that I personally think the Barstool Youtube page looks great and to not be discouraged by the yelling of our boss. People will do anything to bring you down, just look at how many fake Rico Bosco accounts there are. “Tough times don’t last tough people do.” Have a great weekend everybody. HAPPY ALMOST MARCH… the best month of the year !!!
Last Week : 1-1
Total Record of featured “Bosco Bets” picks : 24-16-1 YTD
CFB YTD: +31.15 units College Football 2015-2016 Season, 122-90-3 (+23 units) YTD College Basketball via Twitter . For all stats and trends check out OddsShark.com & follow @Rico_Bosco on twitter for all my other picks, analysis on The Bachelor, calls to Mike Francesa, questions, and overall entertainment.