Mailbag Tuesday - Tonight is Zdeno Chara's 1500th NHL game, Zach Senyshyn has been recalled and the B's are BUZZING! 11-1-2
What are your biggest concerns moving forward this season?
I think the secondary scoring is always going to be a concern for the rest of the year. The top line is lighting it up right now but what happens if/when that stops? We haven't seen a completely healthy roster this year so it's amazing that the B's are continuing to rack up the points.
Any concern with lack of early season production from JD/Coyle?
JD has goals in back to back games, he's starting to get hot. I'm not concerned yet because the Bruins are continuing to rack up the points. I think when David Krejci is 100% it'll start to come a little more.
Where does the secondary scoring come from? Is it waiting for other lines to produce? Can the top line keep this up all season?
Like I said above it's starting to come around. Charlie Coyle has had a revolving door of line mates but is starting to gain chemistry with Anders Bjork.
What did you think of the new guy?
Cameron Hughes was okay. He's not flashy by any means but he deserved the call up. Played just under 10 minutes. Cassidy said after the game that he had a good stick, liked his game. Not sure if he'll be in tonight vs. Montreal or if newly recalled Zach Senyshyn gets in for the first time this season.
When Cam Hughes Parents we’re interviewed last night by NESN, were they sitting last row of the balcony?
No that's the last row of the loge.
Will David Pastrnak score tonight?
I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you think that Bjork has established himself as an every game player?
2. Who do you think has the best chance to be last years Karson Kuhlman? Cehlarik, Hughes, Senyshyn, Carey, Frederic are in the mix.
1. It's early but he's earned the benefit of the doubt, for sure. Like I said he looks like he's developing chemistry with Coyle, I think him playing on the left side has benefitted him as well.
2. I really wish it was Cehlarik but he's had a tough few games up here this season. I think Paul Carey will be next in line to get a recall.
What are the possible Bruins trade targets?
Tyler Toffoli was a healthy scratch for the LA Kings. Would LOVE to see him on David Krejci's right wing. With Kevan Miller and Johnny Moore coming back soon I think one of them could get dealt. Not sure if they'd be enough in a package for Toffoli. But Toffoli right now is who I would love.
Are the bruins fire? Or just on fire?
Hi Marina been a fan since Weekend at Bergy days. It’s very cool to see how much you, the pod and Barstool has grown so far. #brickbybrick #TeamPortnoy
I’m not just saying this for cap reason but Backes might need to retire if this is another head injury. I’ve actually gained a lot of respect for Backes. Never complained about ice time or anything. I just hope he will be ok after hockey. Part of me thinks that yes he was crying because he felt bad for Sabourin. But maybe he also knew that he got concussed and he knew if he got another concussion he would be done. Also felt he was playing some great hockey in the preseason and beginning of the season. How do you think the Backes saga will end?.
Thanks for reading
It's a great night to win a hockey game.
You absolutely have to think about life after hockey. Not sure how the saga ends. He changed the way he trains in the summer by hiring a figure skating coach, thought he had a decent camp. Wasn't having a hot start to the season due to being in and out of the lineup every night. But like I said, there is life after hockey. No need for him to rush back to play. At the end of the day all we care about is his health. Bruce Cassidy said he's feeling better but no update today.
News, notes and quotes:
- Zdeno Chara will play in his 1500th career NHL game, becoming the 21st player and 6th defenseman to reach that milestone.
- Par Lindholm has been placed on IR, Zach Senyshyn recalled.
- Charlie McAvoy and Torey Krug are good to go. Which is great news especially because McAvoy's injury looked horrific.
- Tuukka Rask in net tonight.
It's a great night to win a hockey game.