24 seconds later Florida responded. Jayce Hawryluk with the goal. 2-1 Bruins.
Mike Hoffman beats Jaro Halak on the shortside, cutting the lead to 2. 4-2 Bruins.
Former Florida Panther Steven Kampfer snipes one on the PP. 5-2 Bruins.
Noel Acciari pummels MacKenzie Weegar. I think he got 20 punches in. What a bout.
5 goals on 14 shots in the second period for the B’s.
3:57 into the 3rd Vincent Trocheck blasts one home on the PP, 6-3 Bruins.
Patrice Bergeron ENG. 7-3 Bruins.
FINAL: Boston 7, Florida 3
News, notes and quotes:
- No Teeth Noel had a hell of a game, scored his 5th of the season and destroyed MacKenzie Weegar in the same night.
- Marchand and Bergeron link up again – 32nd of the season for Marchy, 31st of the season for Bergeron.
- Hell of a week for Zdeno Chara, birthday, new contract, and tonight he scored his 200th career NHL goal. Oh captain, my captain.
- Welcome back to the lineup, Karson Kuhlman. Nice steal and score for his 2nd ever NHL goal. With Kuraly out we’ll be seeing Kuhlamn until Johansson gets back into the lineup (could be as early as Monday).
- Lots of defensive breakdowns in the 2nd period. Wasn’t pretty. Florida poured it on to start the 3rd too.
- Patrice Bergeron’s empty net goal extended his goal streak to 4 games, AND he tied his career high in points (73).
- Tough not for the refs, what a horribly officiated game.
- 31 save performance from Jaro Halak. He’s got 20 saves on the year.
News today broke that Sean Kuraly will be out for four weeks after breaking his hand blocking a shot in New Jersey. The B’s recalled Karson Kuhlman (who played alongside David Krejci and Jake DeBrusk), but man they are going to miss his presence when the playoffs start.
Shout out to Keith Yandle on his 900th game.
B’s are back on Monday night as they head to Tampa to play the Lightning.
*whispers* Bruins are 4-0 since McGregor came into the locker room
It was a great night to win a hockey game. See you in the playoffs.