The Bruins opened the scoring, and then the Kings took over the game for the next period and a half. This pass, though.
The Kings power play made quick work of the B’s and it was 2-1 LA in the blink of an eye.
The Bruins rattled off three goals in 3:22 in the 3rd, but still couldn’t close out the Kings until a Patrice Bergeron PPG in OT.
Boston just won’t stop beating LA.
FINAL: Boston, 5, Los Angeles, 4
News, notes and quotes:
- The Bruins rallied from a 2-1 deficit and scored 3 goals in the span of 3:22 to take a 4-2 lead in the 3rd. The Kings scored twice to tie and force OT.
- Every game should start with a ceremony for Bergeron. Three point night. Game winner. Have a fucking day Bergy.
- Danton Heinen has come alive playing with Marchand and Bergeron. He tied things up in the 3rd with a huge goal, and added an assist on the McAvoy goal.
- The Bruins refuse to close out teams. Second straight game they’ve blown a two-goal lead in the 3rd period. They closed the Kings out this time, but they’ve had trouble extending leads all season long. Not good. Tough game for Torey Krug.
- You know what is good? Tuukka Rask. He’s 9-0-2 in his last 11 games. Stuffed Adrian Kempe on a breakaway opportunity in OT.
- Charlie McAvoy has continued his stretch of strong games. That’s promising.
- Ilya Kovalchuk with the tripping penalty on David Pastrnak in OT, more like Ilya Kovalsuckkkksss.
- Brad Marchand a shorty and an assist, his 24th career shorthanded goal.
B’s are back tomorrow afternoon, they host the Colorado Avalanche at 3 pm at the TD Garden.
It was a great day to win a hockey game.