4th of July Collection | Now Available at the Barstool StoreSHOP HERE


Hopefully This Glitch Puts An End To FaceTiming Once And For All

I’ll be honest, I really don’t understand what’s going on with this FaceTime glitch. I guess you can make other people pick up your FaceTime call or something like that. That’s not the point of this blog, however.

I could care less about the glitch considering I have never once in the history of my entire life purposefully FaceTimed somebody. I’ll occasionally hit the wrong button and will accidentally press “FaceTime” instead of “Call”, but that’s it. And why is that it? Well because FaceTime is the worst goddamn invention of the modern era and it’s time we put an end to it.

In what world do you actually need to see the person who you’re talking with? I mean in what world do you actually need to hear the person you’re talking with either? I get that there are certain scenarios when a call is either much more effective or convenient than a long ass text conversation. But I’d say about 90% of all communication can be done via text. The other 10% can be done on the phone. I don’t know how many of you out there are math wizards, but it doesn’t get any higher than 100%. Meaning there simply isn’t any room left for FaceTiming.

Now if only everybody could just accept that as fact, I think we’d all be better off for it. There’s nothing essential that FaceTime adds to the conversation. It just makes it awkward as shit having to hold up a phone and stare at your own face while you’re talking to somebody about where you want to go get some food or a few drinks. It’s just not necessary. I don’t need to see you, you don’t need to see me, just text that shit and I’ll give you an answer. I feel like the only thing that FaceTime is good for is if you’re trying to invite a friend out somewhere and you know that friend is typically going to bail, but it’s much harder for them to bail if they have to actually look you in the face and say they’re not going. I’m usually that friend so I feel like FaceTime is simply a bully tactic at this point.

At it’s very best, it’s unnecessary. At it’s very worst, it’s weaponized to bully people into going out even though they’d rather just stay on the couch with their dog instead of wasting money to buy a $12 drink you could make yourself at home. It’s time for FaceTime to die, and hopefully this new glitch sparks the resistance.