Thursday October 27th 2022. We're 36 hours away from first pitch of the World Series with a notably iconic match up looming.
All the momentum's with the Phillies. They're practically destined to be here. About as hot as any team can get going into the World Series.
Then the Astros. One of the most balanced lineups and deepest staffs of my life. The seasoned heavyweight favorite with home field advantage.
A lot of folks are calling this one David vs. Goliath but it's actually much closer to the battle of Thermopylae. The Persians amass an endless army that dominates everyone. The Greeks are these super gritty bad ass warriors. Everyone's cheering Greek but the Persians are the heavy Vegas favorites. The battle goes all 7-games by way of completely different levels of warfare. Leaders like Bryce Harper incite an inhuman level of effort from his teammates. The Persians meanwhile just keep coming like the Astros pitching staff. No days off. One wave of hell after the other.
I'm not saying the Phillies win it. Jake does. But there's plenty of predictions and analysis on today's show:
1. Verlander vs. Nola: breaking down the difference in their stuff and approach
2. Sequencing the 3 main Philly starters over 7-games
3. Alex Bregman, a history
4. Framber Valdez in the World Series vs. the rest of the postseason
5. Applicable observations from the Phillies/Astros 3-game series at the end of the season
6. Rob Thomson or Dusty Baker?
7. A bunch of other shit about games 1 and 2
Bunch of good shit in there about Verlander and Nola that should drastically improve your viewing experience. Maybe the most informative review I've ever done. Maybe. Listen to the show and help me decide