I Heard The Yankees Strongly Manipulated NYC Air Pressure Last Night To Generate The Nibostratus Clouds That Rained Out Game 5
I don't think there are many of you. But if you believed this blog title then please log off the internet immediately and permanently. This place can only hurt people like you.
Same time - there's a lot of folks bitching about the weather last night. I don't know how to console you guys either. It's just a bad break.
Here are some real complaints:
- No playoff day games at Yankee Stadium. This is non negotiable. I was ready for an elimination game under the lights and now it's a 4pm first pitch? Change the NLCS schedule then.
- Don't get me wrong. I'll eat the cold pizza. But nothing beats the pie fresh out of the oven and that's how I feel about playoff baseball at Yankee Stadium. Night games are simply so much better.
- A lot of people don't like the playoff format because their team lost. To me, these people are (low form of human being). The beauty of being a fan is the lack of responsibility. You can blame anyone or anything you want. Steve Bartman. Bullpen usage. Weather. Agreed-upon scheduling. Front office. Shadows in the batters box. I mean there are literally a billion excuses you can lob out there and yet these Pussies can't even get past the goddamn format. It's the kinda argument naturally induces vomit and you'd have to be a brain dead spineless bitch to make it.
- MLB playoffs aren't long enough. Wild Card weekend then DS week followed by CS week followed by the WS. Meantime hockey and basketball are putting in MONTHS to declare a champion. I feel like there's some middle ground to be achieved that involves less regular season games and earlier start to playoffs.
- 130 games a year. 5 games a week. Every Monday & Tuesday off. You play Wed-Sun against the same team. Only travel like 13 times a year. Brand it like the NFL brands their "weeks" and then lean into some classic rivalries. Would be so much easier to follow but that's a different blog/meeting with the commissioner.
- Not really a complaint just a heads up we put together a great podcast today recapping/previewing/analyzing the playoff scene. For what it's worth I think we're the only MLB podcast to win a Cy Young, Silver Slugger and World Series. Doesn't matter who took home those trophies. Point is we got that kind of perspective behind the microphone and that's a good thing.