First Wild Card weekend in MLB history and it was spectacular. Minus the Mets having their heart ripped out of their chest. Sorry Colin, Rico, Clem and the rest of the family. Otherwise it was just an insane weekend of drama-filled baseball and we've got a lot to say about it.
Buck Showalter? Bush League move checking Joe Musgrove like that. I talked a lot last week about what it means to get Bush and this is basically it: Calling in a foreign substance down 4, late innings of a home playoff elimination game.
Gary Cohen said it nicely:
Listen to Starting 9 today to hear me break down Gary Cohen's break down.
Some other stuff.
- JOE MADDON joins the show. That gets its own blog. But he's on there for a solid half hour. It's a cool conversation. Joe's a cool guy.
- Hubbs and Smokes join us for the Yankees/Guardians series. Interesting look inside the minds of the Short Porch boys. Smokes plays so fast and loose with his emotions you have no choice but to respect it
- The Phillies beat the Cardinals on 9 hits in 2 games.
- Rumor mill says Timmy Trumpets is on the move to witness protection.
- The Mets will have a monster response this offseason
- The Guardians remain my #1 team to win the World Series and I mean that sincerely. Tune in to find out why I'm an absolute crazy person: