The Atlanta Braves Are Now 60% More Likely To Win The World Series Than The New York Mets
It's Tuesday morning which means fresh Starting 9 with a lot to talk about going into the last days of the season. Tons of shit going on and truthfully - it's better than I anticipated just a few months ago. And by far one of the better and more dramatic closes to a regular season in recent memory. Do I need to rank that kinda shit? I'm not prepared for that task. Maybe later.
For now subscribe to the show.
Here's the roster:
- Aaron Judge not getting to 62 is becoming more realistic every day. Would you be more impressed to see him win a triple crown or break the AL record?
- The Mets are all but guaranteed to finish in 2nd place after the weekend. Plenty to be disappointed about but also tip your cap to the Braves. In the long-run you can understand the urgency now for the Mets to win given the state and balance of the Braves. Especially with deGrom rumored to move this offseason along with a couple other arms.
- Mariners shuffle their way to 5th in the AL WC which means they'll travel to Toronto for a 3-game series while the Rays drop to 6th leading to a match up with 3-seed Guardians. I'd rather play the Blue Jays in the 1st round but the Yankees in the 2nd. Kind of twisted but I think it's an even path to the ALCS.
- It's so sweet the Cardinals had Wainwright, Yadi and Pujols walk off the mound together.
- I lost my voice in Miami over the weekend during my best buddy's bachelor party. It's a loud city. Some place called E11even never closes and if you want to talk to the guy next to you then you have to let it rip. I'll be back strong on Thursday. I'll still tip my own cap anyways.
- Jake got inducted into the TCU Hall of Fame over the weekend. Then the Horned Frogs promptly stomped on OU by a billion. The Starting 9 bump has never been so real.
- Ask Dansby Swanson about it. He's on the cusp of a division championship and I practically groomed him for it this summer
- The Cardinals got Jack Flaherty back this month and nobody is really talking about it going into the playoffs but he quite literally is the textbook definition of an X factor.
- Yadier Molina as a pitch caller. I don't like complementing him even though I do it a lot. We go under the mask or whatever the fuck you want to call it to figure out what makes him that good. I enjoy this part of the conversation very much.
- Playoff previews and scouting reports out on Thursday's episode. Good stuff coming for the fellas. This is a nice tune up episode coming out of a long weekend. Best part of the year is upon us. Subscribe to Starting 9 for wall to wall coverage through October.