There's No Way Albert Pujols Is Done Making 2022 His Bitch
Loaded show coming out of an even more loaded weekend. Albert Pujols lands on 700 but will Aaron Judge hit 61 and 62? The world waits and watches as the Yankee outfielder tries to finish his historic season. Meanwhile there’s mounting drama in both Wild Card groups as the AL plays musical chairs and Milwaukee tries to spoil the Padres and Phillies. The last week+ of the season should be chaos and that’s before we preview Braves/Mets this weekend in a presumed monsoon. There’s a major injury, notable 2nd half accomplishments and a ton of headlines in and around the playoff picture.
And surprisingly yet unsurprisingly - Mike Trout is destroying the baseball in September. People forgot I think because (a) the Angels struggled again and (2) Shohei and (d) the injury news. Or whatever. I can't make sense of it. Just look at the numbers and he reminds you again, very easily, that there isn't a debate about the best player in baseball no matter how good Aaron Judge is this particular season. Which is kind of an ass thing for me to say right now but I think you guys are smart enough to understand where I'm coming from. It's still Mike Trout's league and we're lucky enough to watch him play.
Also he definitely signs for kids. That's not my argument but I know he signs for kids. I've seen him do it with my own eyes.
Full Roster on todays show:
- Pujols 700
- Aaron Judge panic button? No.
- Breaking down the new playoff format
- Brewers hunt for the WC
- AL/NL WC Seeding and implications
- Best path out of the American League
- Braves vs. Mets this weekend
- Spencer Strider injury
- Braves Rookie Of The Year debate
- Bryce Harper's return
- Aaron Nola's October profile
- Guardians clinch and talk that shit
- Pete Alonso breaks a major Mets record
- Mike Trout in September is unstoppable
- The Miami Marlins are a disaster
- Travis Wood story time about a sub-3.00 ERA
- Teams for sale this offseason
- Nolan Arenado vs. Kris Bryant
- Red Sox eliminated
- Joey Meneses is the best player nobody has ever heard of
- Adolis Garcia is 4th in the AL in RBI's. Call this an awareness campaign.
I think we talk about a lot more but I don't want to overwhelm you. It's that time of the season where its all steam ahead. Subscribe here for 7 years good luck