Twisted History is produced by John Kelly, researched by Saint Anne
VIDEO ABOVE ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️ Do you know the true story of how the Fleshlight was invented? Lisa Ann joins Twisted History this week and reveals the process of how they are created in Austin, Texas - by a former police officer from LA county.
DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST, GET THE FULL LISA ANN INTERVIEW ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS ...
The average cost of a Thanksgiving dinner this year for a family of 10 people was $46.90. That’s the lowest average cost for the holiday dinner since 2010.
Old Homestead Steakhouse in Manhattan serves the most expensive Thanksgiving dinner in the world. For past 3 years, they have been trying to up the ante for rich people looking to make the moist out of the holiday. In 2019, they offered a package priced at $181,000.
So what do you get for that price? The world's most luxurious food — plus goodies ranging from new iPhones, cruises, and tickets to the big game. A dinner for 12 includes:
- Turkey - Two, 20-pound free-range turkeys that cost $5,800 ($145-per-pound). Each turkey is covered in $2,000 edible gold flakes, and they are seasoned with imported saffron and other spices from the Middle East that cost $4,000.
- Gravy - The turkey gravy is infused with a $3,650 bottle of Louis XIII cognac.
- Stuffing - Seafood bread stuffing made with bread imported from the United Kingdom, uses champagne instead of water, includes $600-per-ounce saffron, $50-per-pound Alaskan King crab, $20-per-pound Maine lobsters, $12-per-pound Otoro tuna, and $1,800-per-ounce golden caviar from the Caspian Sea.
- Candied sweet potatoes - Made with cinnamon imported from Sri Lanka, bacon from pigs raised in Spain that costs $1,200-per-pound, and white cheddar imported from the UK.
- Butternut squash - Made with spices from India, caramelized onions imported from Egypt, and chunks of beef bacon from $480-per-pound Japanese prize Wagyu.
- Cranberry sauce - made from queen strawberries and dekopon oranges (a seedless citrus fruit) imported from Japan.
- White asparagus - made with a vinaigrette infused with 23-year-old reserve Pappy Van Winkle bourbon (which costs $3,800 per bottle)
- Mixed berries - with an orange sabayon sauce infused with Grand Marnier that costs $1,800 per bottle.
- Dessert - includes pumpkin pie, apple pie, coconut custard pie and pecan pie.
- Drinks - Cristal or Dom Perignon champagne or Opus One, or Silver Oak wine.
The package also includes a seven-day, $50,000 SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise for two; an $8,000 bottle of Cristal champagne; a $20,000 Black Friday shopping spree; his and her iPhone 11 Pro Maxes totaling $2,750; four tickets to the Super Bowl costing $30,000; and two tickets to NBC's "The Voice."
MORE FROM THE LATEST TWISTED HISTORY PODCAST:
The Black Dolphin Prison, located in Russia, is one of the oldest in the country, and one of the first in the Orenburg region to accept prisoners with life sentences. It gets its unofficial name from a prisoner-constructed sculpture depicting a black dolphin, which is set in front of the main entrance.
The prison houses 700 of Russia's most notorious criminals, including child molesters, murderers, terrorists, cannibals, and serial killers. Prisoners at Black Dolphin are all serving sentences of imprisonment for life.
Inmates are kept isolated and housed in cells that have a set of three steel doors. For 90 minutes a day, they exercise in a large cage. While this is happening, cells are searched for contraband or illegal items. Inmates are also under 24-hour surveillance and supervision. They are not permitted to rest or sit on their bunks from the time they awake until bedtime (roughly 16 hours). When prison officers make a command to the inmates, they must respond with the words "yes, sir." Every 15 minutes, a guard makes rounds to ensure Black Dolphin inmates are complying with the rules. The prisoners are fed soup four times a day and are only allowed books, newspapers, and a radio.
Prison guards place blindfolds on arriving inmates so that they cannot map out the prison or plan escapes. The inmates are also blindfolded whenever they are transported between buildings. Black Dolphin prison officers have a unique form of escorting inmates: Prisoners are kept bent over at the waist while a guard holds their handcuffed hands behind their back, higher than the hips. This "stress position" allows for maximum control while depriving the inmate of a view of his immediate surroundings (preventing him from escaping and/or attacking prison staff).
While there have been rumors of inmate abuse and misconduct at Black Dolphin Prison, there have been no confirmed reports or complaints.
THE BEST OF TWISTED HISTORY ON TWITTER
R.I.P. Diego Maradona
TWISTED HISTORY OF WARLORDS IN THE FUTURE?
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FOR MORE MURDER AND MAYHEM @TWISTEDHISTORY
T-Shirts & Hoodies (20% OFF! ALL WEEKEND)
Twisted History Turns 100 And Is Now On Video2
Kublai Khan Had 7,000 Concubines Vying For His Mongolian Beef3
Karl Malone is no Arnold Schwarzenegger4
Deontay Wilder Fucked Up My Trip To Saudi Arabia5
Roberto Clemente Was An Outstanding Human Being6
Your Lips Have Gotta Touch The Toe7
Diamond Jim Brady Had A Stomach 6x The Size Of A Normal Man8
The Twisted History Holiday Playlist9
The Tragic Story of Elena Mukhina
Fleshlights, Russian Prisons, and Thanksgiving Leftovers11
Grandpa Fugate blue his whole family on this week's Twisted History of Canada!12
The Twisted History of WWI13
Here Is A List of Japanese Toilet Ghosts14
Last Week In Twisted History15
You’ll No Longer Wonder Where Joaquin Mustered The Inspiration To Play Such A Sick Fuck16
The Twisted History of Larry Flynt17
But where did they stick it if you were a heretic, gay, and a witch?18
A Dingo Ate My Baby!19
The Twisted History of Saturday Night Live20
People Forget About These Unfortunate Deaths21
The Twisted History of Rasputin22
Who the fuck was Rasputin?23
Did I Tell You About The Time Notre Dame Fought The KKK?24
"I Didn't Go With Them That Day ..."