Advertisement

Should Alex Ovechkin Be Suspended For Treason? Probably

ovi-treason

WaPo – Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin has long supported Russian President Vladimir Putin on social media, but Thursday afternoon, he took it a step further with an Instagram post, announcing the creation of a social movement in support of Putin that he’s labeling the Putin Team.

“Personal achievements and medals – all of this great, but in hockey, like with everything, to win it’s important to have a team. Only a team is capable of changing the course of a game, achieve the impossible,” Ovechkin said in the post, which was translated by The Washington Post. “Lately, in the Western Press, I’m noticing a comparison to Putin’s team. And you know, I really liked that comparison. Personally, I’m ready to be a member of that team. I never hid my relationship with our president, always openly supported him.”

Ovechkin continued: “I’m certain that there are many of us that support Vladimir Putin. Let’s unite and show everyone a strong and united Russia. Today, I want to announce a social movement in the name of Putin Team. Be a part of this team – to me it’s a privilege, it’s like the feeling of when you put on the jersey of the Russian team, knowing that the whole country is rooting for you.”

Advertisement

So let’s just get this straight for a moment here. Alexander Ovechkin, captain of the Washington Capitals, is now starting a social movement to support Vladimir Putin. A man who was undoubtedly meddling with US elections. A man who has journalists murdered for doing their job and gay people murdered just for fucking dudes. Vladimir Putin is an enemy of the United States and here’s Alex Ovechkin just suckin the guys dick on Instagram making sure that he stays in office.

I’m sorry but not on my watch, Ovi. And no, it’s not just because you play for a division rival. I mean, that’s like 95% of why I need the NHL to act swiftly here but the other 5% is because as a red-blooded American, I know we can’t be supporting this sicko. Supporting Vladimir Putin is an act of treason. So putting up a 2-paragraph post on Instagram professing your love and allegiance to him is the equivalent of taking a nasty diarrhea shit on the American flag and then lighting it on fire. Colin Kaepernick doesn’t have a job in the NHL because he kneeled during the National Anthem yet Alex Ovechkin is the captain of the team in Washington DC while he openly supports a dictator who is a threat to America? Sorry but enough is enough.

Which is why I’m calling on the NHL right now to suspend Alexander Ovechkin until the social movement is ended. You want to support Putin? Fine. Just go do it while playing in the KHL. But when you’re in Washington DC? You better cut the shit, bucko. I don’t care who hands down the suspension. It could be the NHL Department of Player Safety. It could be the Department of Homeland Security. All I know is that Alexander Ovechkin needs to be suspended until at least March 18th after the Flyers play the Capitals for the last time this season. Please, I beg of you.

@BarstoolJordie