RNR 24 - PPV Replay Available to Order Until May 5thBUY HERE

Video Of A Murray State University Dorm Spontaneously Exploding Is Scary As Hell

NBC News

WPSDVideo newly obtained by Local 6 Wednesday afternoon shows the moment of the explosion that happened last week in a dorm at Murray State University.

The video comes from a camera at Clark Hall next door. The blast was strong enough to turn the camera from its position.

The explosion was felt on and off campus in Murray, Kentucky, on June 28. The explosion happened in the New Richmond Residence Hall, and it also damaged the school’s Hester, Clark and Hart residential halls, as well as Winslow Dining Hall. Other facilities also sustained minor damage.

Absolutely wild video just released by Murray State University in Kentucky.  A dorm just flat out spontaneously combusting.  Seriously, that was the explanation given by investigators:

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 10.57.59 AM

First and most importantly, nobody was killed in this explosion.  Miraculously, people were barely even injured.

The explosion injured two people. Murray State employee Dakota Fields was in the dorm during his last day on the job. He was taken first to Murray Calloway County Hospital, and then to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He was discharged from the hospital later in the week. The other person who was injured in the explosion was treated by responders at the scene, and did not have to go to a hospital.

One person treated at the scene, and one person with a brief hospital stay – who was IN the dorm!  Crazy. And lucky.

And as great as that news is, it’s a little unsettling going forward for anyone who lives in a dorm…or lives, works, or just flat out finds themselves inside any sort of building, at any time.  The fact that they can apparently just spontaneously combust and fucking explode out of the blue.  As if there weren’t enough things to worry about.