New York Jets fans…it is THIS time:
(The guttural yell at 39 seconds in this video is being a Jets fan summed up perfectly in one sound. The timing. The noise. Perfection).
Where Do The Jets Pick? 6th overall behind Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, Jacksonville and Tennessee.
Trade? Yes, like just about every team in the NFL, the Jets want to trade down to soften the blow when they mess up some (most?) of their picks. Trading down with Cleveland (#12), New Orleans (#11) or Denver (#20) are a few scenarios to watch.
Jamal Adams, LSU safety – A safe prospect. Think of him as the Jets version of Landon Collins. Is that enough value for the 6th pick?
OJ Howard, Alabama tight end – A monster three down tight end. The Jets literally have the worst tight end depth in recent NFL history. Yes, it is okay to take a tight end 6th overall.
Malik Hooker, Ohio State safety – More risky than Adams but higher ceiling. The Jets haven’t intercepted a pass since the 2010 playoffs. Hooker is a ballhawk and would help cover for likely poor cornerback play.
Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State corner – Unfair to call him a Dee Milliner redux but I’m calling him it. Don’t take a top ten corner with chronic hamstring issues.
Leonard Fournette, LSU running back – I stand by this tweet
Running backs are like cheap beer, can find it anywhere & just about all is the same. It matters more who you are drinking it with & where
— Joe Caporoso (@JCaporoso) April 27, 2017
Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina Quarterback – The consensus best quarterback in the NFL Draft which is dumb since Deshaun Watson is a better prospect, who the Jets should just take themselves at #6. I don’t expect the Jets to take a quarterback but if they do, it would probably be Trubisky if he falls to them.
Haason Reddick, Linebacker, Temple – A pass rusher who can line up all over the formation that went to Todd Bowles alma mater. He might be their second most likely pick after Adams.
Throw Your Remote At The Screen If…
- The Jets take Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen. NO MORE DEFENSIVE LINEMEN.
- The Jets take a running back in the first round
- The Jets take DeShone Kizer or Davis Webb (after trading back).
- The Giants take Patrick Mahomes (who is going to be good), the Bills take Deshaun Watson and the Jets take Trubisky or just decide to roll with Christian Hackenberg.
- The Jets draft Garrett Bolles who is already 42 years old and has played football for 2 months
The Jets Positional Needs In Order
- Tight End
- Offensive Tackle
- Running Back
- Wide Receiver
- Offensive Guard/Center
- Defensive Line
Full List Of Jets Picks
- 1st round – 6th overall
- 2nd round – 39th overall
- 3rd round – 70th overall
- 3rd round – 107th overall
- 5th round – 150th overall
- 6th round – 191st overall
- 7th round – 224th overall
What Jets Will Do Mock Draft
- 1st – Jamal Adams, Safety
- 2nd – Raekwon McMillan, Linebacker
- 3rd – Nathan Peterman, Quarterback
- 3rd – Jordan Legget, Tight End
- 5th – Sam Tevi, Tackle
- 6th – Jeremy Clark, Cornerback
- 7th – Bug Howard, Receiver
What Jets Should Do Mock Draft
- 1st – Deshaun Watson, Quarterback
- 2nd – Adam Shaheen, Tight End
- 3rd – Sidney Jones, Cornerback
- 3rd – Marcus Maye, Safety
- 5th – Donnel Pumphrey, Running Back
- 6th – Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, Linebacker
- 7th – Tashawn Bower – Linebacker