Robbie's Top 20 WrestleMania Moments – 5. The Streak...Is Over
Sup yo? If you’re unaware, I’ve been doing a blog per day leading up to WrestleMania where I talk about my personal favorite 20 Mania moments of all time. Keep in mind I’m 18, so a lot of my picks will be on the more recent side.
5. The Streak…Is Over
Cracking the top five, the most shocking moment in professional wrestling history.
Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker was a pretty boring feud leading into WrestleMania 30. It was your standard old man Taker feud, much like this year, where the catalyst is “Let’s look at that big sign”, and the build is *DONG, lights out, DONG, lights on, Taker is there and he’s pissed*.
The match, even more boring. I’d go as far as saying their WrestleMania match was horrible. It may be because Lesnar works a brutal style, it may be because Taker was concussed badly early on, I’m not sure. It was the first bad match he had in years, and in a weird way, that added to the moment. If the Streak ended with a false finish everyone bought, it wouldn’t have this effect:
This happened, because not only was this assumed to be a clear win for the Deadman, not only because nobody was buying the third F5 putting him down…nobody cared. Until they did.
Catch up on the list:
19. The Term “Divas” Is Abolished As The Women Steal The Show
18. Hogan V. Vince: 20 Years In The Making
17. Edge Spears Mick Foley Through A Flaming Table
16. The Undertaker Pulls Off The Greatest False Finish Of All Time
15. The First Ever Ladder Match On The Grandest Stage Of Them All
13. Rey Mysterio Wins Gold In Honor Of Eddie Guerrero
12. Tables, Ladders, And Chairs, Oh My!
8. The Greatest Of All Time Says Goodbye