Alright we’ve officially hit the Dark Ages of betting. It’s not quite the bubonic plague yet as we still have College Basketball, but it’s close. Luckily we have some decent award shows in the upcoming weeks. The Super Bowl should’ve been a good day for a lot of people as the favorite got the W along with the over. And what an over it was. Thought it was dead as a doornail as I was chowing on some crawfish in sorrow at Kirby Ice House then next thing I know it’s 28 up headed to OT. One of those gets that reminds you why we do sweet action.
Let’s check out what Matt’s rocking with this week
Tom Brady whipped out the defibrillator and saved my life and the show goes on. If there is a trophy around I’ll tell you who is gonna pick it up. Should be time to regress to the mean a little bit but I’m busy knowing the A10 like the back of my hand. Pick your spots…
- Dayton @ Rhode Island -4
- This game will be a good one on ESPN2. Dayton has been rolling as heavy faves while Rhode Island is on a heater sparked by a signature beatdown of the Bonnies at home. The key word in the A10 is still parity, especially at the top. Home teams home teams home teams. Reverse line movement from -3 to -4 sealed the deal for me. Dayton +4 trap of the century. Pick: Rhode Island -4
I don’t enjoy playing the NBA… the lackadaisical way it can beat you at the spread really just rubs me the wrong way. That being said, I’d probably be on the Nuggets and Spurs if I was out there tonight.
24-11 overall picks record
Back to Balls for some Grammy winners and Overs
- Oakland/Detroit Over 164.5
- Horizon League on a Friday night! Nothing better. Both teams have been hot with the over at 2-1 in their last 3 head-to-head matchups. Detroit likes to go over as well as their 15-8 on the over this season while being the worse team in the match-up. I like that combo.
- Monmouth/Manhattan Over 151.5
- I’ll shoot you guys straight…I don’t know anything about this game other than that it’s on national TV (ESPNU) and that it’s tonight’s pregame special as tip-off is at 9pm. Enjoy.
- Chainsmokers to win Best New Artist at +250
- Listen, I’m not too much of a rap guy. I love some old school jams like Biggie, Jay-Z, and the occasional new & old Kanye. Along with Ja Rule of course. I’ve heard the rumors about Chance the Rapper is the next big thing. Yet, how in the world can the Chainsmokers not win this? They are the kings of hits. Hits on top of hits on top of hits. Roses, All You Know, Don’t Let Me Down, and Paris. I mean C’mon. That’s also without mentioning possibly the greatest song of all-time in Closer. Give me that value.
That’s it for this week. Hopefully we win some dinero on a little college basketball and then throw all of that on the Chainsmokers. It won’t be easy to take a chance against Chance the Rapper (pun intended), but it’s just something we’re going to have to do. As always find us on Twitter for questions, comments, and concerns @glenny_balls and Matt’s new twitter handle @mbrowner5. See y’all next week.