Some Things That Are Awesome
It doesn’t matter if you’re a Democrat or a Republican. Doesn’t matter if you’re male or female, black or white, gay or straight, whatever or whatever. I think we can all agree that this was an election cycle from hell and at least it’s over now. No more debates for 4 years. No more political ads. It’s done. It’s finally over. Judging by the reaction on social media, I think we could all use a few days to hit the refresh button. But even though the election cycle sucked, here’s a reminder of a few things that are still awesome and will continue to always be awesome.
1. Pressing “play” at the exact right moment after fast forwarding through commercials On-Demand.
2. Having just enough milk left to pour that last bowl of cereal.
3. The moment when you’re driving on the highway, see a police car flying up behind you with the lights flashing and then it passes by you after you pull over to the side of the road.
4. Internet Porn.
5. Soft Pretzels, more specifically from Wawa.
6. Cancelling plans. Or better yet, having plans cancelled on you so that you don’t look like the asshole.
7. Dogs. Pretty much all of them.
8. Living in a time when we get to watch Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Patrik Laine, Aaron Ekblad, Johnny Gaudreau and others all play in the National Hockey Leauge.
9. Oak and Cokes. Or any alcohol for that matter. But we’ll play it safe with the suits in charge and just stick with Bacardi Oakheart for now.
10. A poop/fart gamble that ends up just being a fart and now you don’t have shit in your pants for the rest of the day.
11. The Whitney Houston rendition of the Star Spangled Banner
12. Subtle racism. C’mon. It’s funny. Goes both ways.
13. Judd Apatow movies. I know they’re all essentially the same movie with just a few minor adjustments each time. Doesn’t mean they’re not funny.
14. Getting the last slice of pizza when there’s an uneven amount of people.
15. The fact that Lena Dunham isn’t happy right now.
So there you go. 15 things that are just as sweet today as they were yesterday, if not sweeter. What a time to be alive.