BTS Of My First Two Days At Barstool

Anytime you start a new job, the first day is always awkward. You don’t know what to say, you don’t know what to do, and you really just don’t want to look like an idiot. This job is no different. I texted Eddie on Friday to get situated and find out how the office operates and what the hours of operation were. When I asked Eddie what time I should come in, he laughed and told me, “Well, it depends on what’s going on that day, but usually people show up around 10 AM.” Sounded good to me. After going back and forth over text, he decided he’d just text me on Sunday night to tell me when to come in, but he never did.

To be clear, I’m not putting this on Eddie. Once he got to the office, he got me situated and made me feel comfortable, so shout out to Eddie. The only problem was he didn’t get there until 11:30 and I showed up at 10. I introduced myself to the only 4 people in the office, then just sat in the back of the room like the weird kid at lunch. The office was dead silent, as if I was in a library. I was confused. As an extrovert, I don’t do quiet. I start overthinking and go down an endless spiral. I started thinking to myself, "Maybe the office is quiet because they don’t like me or something." I didn’t know what the fuck was going on. Then Eddie showed up, more people started coming to the office, and I started to feel more at home.


If you've never been to the Chicago office, it’s not the biggest office in the world, but it is by far the comfiest. The way my ass sunk into the couches was as if I'd sat in them my entire life; it was impeccable. I’ve never been in an office where I can sit on a couch, watch a baseball game, talk/write about sports, and have it considered work. It’s only been two days, but I am definitely in love.

Since it was my first day, I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes or be too loud while they were recording their podcast, so I did what everyone else does at work when they don't know what to do: I got water. I opened up the fridge and I knew I was home. Not a single water bottle, just boxes of any seltzer you can think of. It was the greatest thing I’ve seen in my entire life.


After going to the bathroom for the 6th time, I got set up with Nate, got my HQ open, and wrote my first blog. I haven’t read any of the comments, but I’m sure they were filled with positivity and support.


Overall, my first day was just like anyone else’s, full of surprises, some of which weren't great like the parking. There were only two spots, and considering it was my first day, I didn’t want to take any. I had to leave those for the OG’s (Dave and Eddie), my courtesy costed me 20 bucks, but I got a nice contract so fuck it. All in all, it was a great first day, and I couldn’t have been happier.

Day 2:

Day 2 absolutely shit on Day 1. I walked in there with my dick touching the floor and acted like I knew everyone my whole life. It was a game-changer. I walked straight to my favorite couch, poured myself a Blue Stella, threw in my 6MG Zyn, and it was go-time. I cranked out two blogs in two hours; I felt like Albert Einstein on Adderall. I could not be stopped. Then Eddie decided to give me my big break and invited me on The Mid Show, and to be honest, it was fucking electric. 


Their chemistry is off the charts, and they never let the conversation die. As a former amateur podcaster, that's new to me. I’m used to awkward silences, but this time, there was none. If you haven’t seen it already, check out Tuesday's episode of The Mid Show, and let me know what you think in the comments, although there’s a 0% chance I'll read them.

Hope you enjoyed my behind-the-scenes experience. I’m going to crack open a Mamitas and watch my baseball bets cash.