The John Wick Spinoff Series 'The Continental' Dropped It's First Teaser And It Looks Awesome
The Continental is a chain of hotels located all around the world that function as a neutral territory for members of the criminal underworld. They are frequented by many hitmen and notorious murderers.
I think this is easiest to break down in a simple pros and cons list.
- It's John Wick. This franchise is an unheard of 4/4 on movies and has some of the coolest assassin-based lore in the game that is begging to be explored more.
- Winston, the head of the hotel for the whole movie series, is a great anchor for this miniseries.
- The fact that this is a miniseries is also a big pro. We don't have to worry about this being stretched too thin over a ton of episodes, especially the budget.
- It was a really solid teaser! Didn't give anything away but gave a good taste of what to expect.
- It's a Peacock original. It's not like peacock has been around for decades or anything, but they don't have a stellar track record so far for originals. It's basically 'Poker Face' and then everything else.
- The cast list is about as unfamiliar as it gets outside of Mel Gibson. Peter Greene is a solid creep actor and Ray McKinnon was great in 'Deadwood' and 'Sons of Anarchy' but thats it.
- Like I mentioned in the pros, the shortened miniseries aspect is good. But there is still a risk of the overall property getting watered down.
I'm leaning on the positive side because I want this to be good. It might be a little delusional but delusion is at the heart of fandom.