Big shout out to David Krejci on hitting 1,000 games in the NHL. Wasn't sure if he was going to come back after heading home to play in the Czech Republic. Arguably the most underrated player in the the NHL in the last 10+ years. Great milestone for him to hit. He's the 7th player in team history to play in 1,000 games.
FINAL: Boston 6, Philadelphia 0
- Casual 3 point night for David Krejci his 1000th NHL game. He is the 5th player in NHL history to record at least 3 assists in his 1,000th game and the 9th player to record at least 3 points.
- Pavel Zacha scores twice after signing a 4 four year, $19M extension. Biggest "knock" on him from fans is his lack of finish, yet here he is today potting twice while playing alongside his countrymen. Really like the deal, you could argue about the dollar amount but he's a guy Monty can plug anywhere (see below), leads the team in 5v5 assists… and now he can just worry about the rest of the year without a contract looming over him. Hopefully they keep him, Krejci and Pastrnak together for a longer stretch and see if they can keep cooking. Nice to see him bury today.
ps is there a better sound in sports than that ping?
Other news, notes and quotes on the B's:
- "Progress" is being made in a David Pastrnak extension per Elliotte Friedman… If I had to guess I believe the ballpark will be around 11.5-12 million per year. It's time to pay that man his money. Goals No. 34+35 today against Philly, on pace for 67. Trails Connor McDavid by 2 for the league lead. Pay up, Donny.
- Jake DeBrusk was in the booth with Jack & Brick to start the 2nd period - said he injured his "upper body" aka his hand on the first shift of the game, then the reported leg break occurred right before he scored to tie. Talk about adrenaline.
- Saturday night's game against Toronto was incredible theater, B's have been rolling this year of course but that had all the makings of a playoff type feel.
- Tomas Nosek has been playing but not taking faceoffs the last couple of weeks. Sounds like an undisclosed hand injury.
- Matt Grzelcyk with goals in back to back games.
- Nick Foligno caught on the hot mic asking the ref if he should just "fucking pound his face in" re: Konecny…
- 29 save shutout for Jeremy Swayman, the 6th of his career. He's 5-0-2 in his last 7 games.
Through 43 games the Boston Bruins are 34-5-4. Just an insane pace. They come in waves, getting production from all four lines and the buzzsaw keeps on keepin' on. Frankie Borrelli's Islanders up next on Wednesday night.
It was a great day to win a hockey game.
ps pod coming out later this week subscribe to the YouTube here!
pps if you missed Jim Montgomery on Spittin' Chiclets it was a great listen on the current team.