David Pastrnak Is Bringing The Heat To The Winter Classic Today With His Sticks And Skates Honoring Big Papi And Fenway Park
Superstar David Pastrnak is bringing the HEAT to the Winter Classic with some sick Fenway inspired skates and sticks, honoring Big Papi David Ortiz. Here's a closer look…
Big fan of the baseball green and white seams on the boots. The stick and skates are really gonna pop.
Full get up:
Some news, notes and quotes before puck drops at 2pm…
- Linus Ullmark gets the start in net and my god he's been red hot. 20-1-1 with a 1.90 GAA and .938 SV%. His 20 wins this year lead the NHL as well.
I can't get over how sick his set up is, Lord Byron pads and Moog inspired mask.
- Here are the (unconfirmed) lines for today.
Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Smith
Greer - Frederic -Foligno
Trent Frederic will likely stay centering the 4th line with Tomas Nosek likely out. Craig Smith on the right side with Taylor Hall and Charlie Coyle. If Nosek does suit up it'll likely be one of Greer or Smith out with Frederic returning to the 3rd line. TBD.
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton
- On the flip side Tristan Jarry gets the start in net for the Pens who are a little banged up and will be without Kris Letang.
- Charlie Coyle snuck into the Green Monster to watch the Winter Classic at Fenway in 2010, and 13 years later he's suiting up to play at the same venue. Pretty cool story for the local kid. Hoping the 3rd line can do some damage today.
- David Pastrnak confirmed the Bruins will be dressing up prior to the occasion (they went full Peaky Blinders in 2019 and retro for the Lake Tahoe game in 2021). Insert Bart Scott CAN'T WAIT gif here.
It's a great day to win a hockey game.
ps if you're in the area Chiclets is doing a meet up at Game On! See you there.