ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!
There is a faction of people - a LARGE faction - that will take anything Tiger Woods says as gospel. They hang on every word that comes out of his mouth and pray and hope that within they will find a glimmer of hope that Tiger Woods will rise and mount the golf world once again. We've gone through this cycle so many times:
Anecdote from a fellow player
Anecdote from Notah Begay
Quote or video from Tiger
Rinse and Repeat
These are often long and laborious cycles during which there's really not much to go on except for a rumor here or a Tiger quote there. The Tiger stans sit around with bated breath living and dying by these fleeting moments of Tiger Woods hope.
Consider me very much one of these people.
I could not be more fired up at the mere thought of Tiger going low again. Don't care how many times it's been reiterated that the guy can hardly walk 18 (let alone 72) holes. As long as the guy is still carding low numbers and the distant memory of '08 at Torrey still exists, I will continue to believe that Eldrick Tont Woods can find a way to go out and beat the world's best on any given Sunday.
This is no different. Pair this with the recent anecdote from Rory that he had given Tiger COVID right before Tiger's depressing showing at St. Andrews and I've thrown everything we saw last year out the window. Tiger's still got it. Just had a little COVID. And that COVID's a real bitch yanno!
So if we're keeping score in my brain here:
- the Open never happened (Mickey Mouse tournament if Tiger had a tiny bit of COVID)
- the US Open never happened (Mickey Mouse tournament if Tiger stays home)
- the PGA was in a state most Americans can't even find on a map so that might as well be Disney World too
- he made the cut at the Masters (and was very much still on the recovery trail nbd and holy hell was that Saturday unseasonably cold - UNFAIR!)
- And Tiger recently shot 63.
Yep. Tiger recently shot 63.
Masters 2023 winner confirmed.