You may have encountered Liver King on Tik Tok or Instagram, he is a man who has fully committed to the return to Monke. He has allegedly rejected Modernity in full and embraced the hunter-gatherer lifestyle. The man preaches that if you live a life as close to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle the more you regain your natural physique, mood, and lifestyle in your DNA.
His Tik Toks are novel but I think some of his best work comes from his philosophy posted on his website.
Seriously check out some of this writing: Its a little long but ill summarize the good parts
I believe in the evolutionary theory of health and wellness. I believe that for millions of years, robust strength and exceptional health was central to our existence. We were once strong, lean, healthy and fit. I believe this because for most of human history, we effortlessly consumed (nose-to-tail) the things we needed for health and happiness. Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to fulfill our nutritional needs in order to support and sustain a vibrant, disease-free life. Most people are critically deficient in the fat soluble vitamins A, D, K and E, as well as magnesium, iron, choline, B12 and iodine. Because of this, we decided to start our supplement company with products that would make the biggest impact on overall health… the highest quality grassfed beef liver and bone marrow.
- 90% of Americans are deficient in magnesium
- 90% of Americans are deficient in the fat soluble vitamins A, D & K
- Our early ancestors didn't brush… didn't floss.. didn't get cavities
Ok, this seems pretty standard reject modernity takes. Our lack of Vitamins are what cause our disease, physical weakness, and all of our modern issues. It starts to get even more interesting when you see the extent of his takes
 SLEEP LIKE A ROCK…
On the hierarchy of health, sleep trumps almost everything else. It's the low hanging fruit that can affect health metrics more than just about anything else. It's the time when body and brain detox, recover, rebuild and restore. How amazing is your sleep? Exactly what I thought! Instead of writing a long boring article about sleep, I'm bullet pointing this…
- Get morning sun exposure (at the same time everyday) to regulate sleep / wake cycles.
- Finish your last meal at least 3 to 4 hours before bedtime… trust me, you can do this.
- Earthing… you can do it the old fashioned way or you can use grounding sheets like we do (Google it). We go on barefoot hikes all the time… we use an EMF meter to make sure there are no electrical fields around our bed… we turn off the wifi (actually don't have wifi but you do, so turn it off at night)… put your phone in airplane mode and make sure that there are no electronics (nor lights) anywhere near you.
- Your sleep temperature should be between 64 and 68.
- Use blackout curtains and blackout blinds… room needs to be pitch black. No battery lights, no night lights, nothing!
- Use Himalayan salt lamps at sunset instead of regular lighting.
- Wear UVEX safety goggles at least 2 hours before going to bed… this one is seriously a big deal. They cost $9 and they make all the difference. If you're not going to do anything else, do this!
- Shut your mouth.. breathe through your nose. Too much to say about this so read this and this (taping mouth shut for deeper sleep) if you care enough.
- Last but not least, sleep on the floor like our tribe does… why you ask… because our bodies were never meant to be in a cast, courtesy of your bed, all night. Why do you think you wake up feeling like a stiff Rick. Katy Bowman is a biomechanist and author of Move Your DNA. She sleeps on the floor. She got us sleeping on the floor.
Yeah, I know, the last one is bit extreme but you have to ask yourself… how badly do I want this… how badly do I want to be strong, healthy and happy again… what am I willing to do… If you're like most people reading this right now, there's little that you wouldn't do to reclaim these virtues. Prioritize your sleep! It's the single most influential thing you can do right now to support your health journey. No, you don't have to go all in and start sleeping on the floor but you do have to get early morning sun (on skin and through retina), connect to the earth and spend 10 bucks on the UVEX glasses. Start sleeping like our early ancestors did to build your biological resilience. For more on this (including the science), see our blog article here entitled The Ultimate Ancestral Guide To Better Sleep.
Sleep on the floor, get rid of any electronics or light in your room (turn off wifi), tape your mouth shut, and wear special glasses 2 hours before bed. The thing is I actually agree with some of these takes. I do not know if all of the things he does contribute to helping you sleep but the aspect of blue light and artificial lighting definitely impacts your ability to get into a deep sleep. But sleeping on the floor and with your mouth taped shut is a little far. I understand the whole, earth body electrical connection, but realistically we haven't had an electrical connection to the ground since the first rubber soles were invented in the late 1800s. Honestly, we may be missing out on a lot of electrical energy flowing from the ground, but monkeys slept in trees so we couldn't have evolved to dependant on it.
These meals are also ridiculous. My favorite part is the simulated successful hunts. I would really love to see simulated unsuccessful hunts, do you just get to eat the veggies and berries? It all seems crazy but I do believe if you ate like this it would be extremely healthy.
OUR TYPICAL 1ST MEAL IS A DELICIOUS SHAKE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS…
- Wallaby Organic / Grass fed yogurt (2 cups or 150g)
- Organic ghee and/or grass fed tallow (2 to 3 tablespoons or 30 to 45g)
- Organic almond butter (2 tablespoons or 30g) — this is only on occasion
- Ancestral "Living" Collagen / Gelatin (10-20g)
- Himalayan sea salt -- 1/4 tsp (2 to 3g)
- Organic / Grassfed protein powder (1 scoop) — I like Bluebonnet Grassfed Protein
- Organic / Pasture raised raw eggs (6 to 8 large eggs)
- Organic, fresh and raw pastured-raised milk (1 cup or 150g)… raw is best but Whole Kalona Brand Milk is a good second option if you don't do raw milk. If you don't tolerate milk, find an alternative.
This shake takes me a whopping 15 minutes to make… It's super convenient… and, it's downright delicious. If I don't make a shake, I will have a bunch of pasture-raised eggs (8 or so) that are smothered in a massive amount of butter or tallow (rendered from suet) topped with crunchy sea salt, a side of avocado, nitrate-free, sugar-free bacon and a dollop of homemade fermented yogurt or sour cream. Are you kidding me… don't even try to tell me that your breakfast is better in taste nor in health. I generally eat my first meal at 3 PM… it's called "breakfast" because it breaks my fast.
OUR TYPICAL SECOND MEAL IS MOSTLY COOKED… IT'S HOT… IT'S BETTER THAN ANY RESTAURANT FOOD… IT LOOKS LIKE THIS…
- Homemade Bone Soup (simmered for two to three days with tons of golden marrow)
- I also enjoy me some fermented fish sauce or some version of a fermented animal product almost every day of the week (i.e. high liver).
- Organic Avocado (avocado optional: top with fish eggs or Icelandic cod liver, a few drops of lemon juice and sea salt)
- Grass fed butter, Ghee or Tallow (2 tablespoons)
- The occasional salad of dark leafy greens (only when in season) and sea salt
- Grass fed organs (16 to 24 oz of various animal parts, nose-to-tail)
We might carb reload on the weekends with plenty of sweet potatoes, raw local honey and various in-season fruits. We also do a twenty-four to thirty hour fast on Sundays… it's not as bad as it sounds. We eat an early dinner as we normally would on early Saturday evening… skip our first meal on Sunday, and eat an amazing fish-based dinner (usually wild caught, skin-on and bone-in sardines; wild fish eggs; and whole cod livers (as opposed to processed cod liver oil)) with the entire tribe on Sunday. Once a quarter, we do a 5-day water only fast (adults only).
The guy literally eats like a serial killer, but I honestly think it would definitely be beneficial to eat like that. Even though it might not be practical or sustainable if you did this you would definitely get pretty shredded with appropriate diet and exercise.
Here we are with more earth energy connection talk. I mean the thing is if this science is true that we need to connect with the earth we 100% need to start figuring out how to supplement it for us urban dwellers.
 CONNECT TO THE EARTH…
Our early ancestors were in constant contact with nature… Like the fertile ground that we once walked upon, we were a natural extension of this earth. In the modern world, we unknowingly struggle to find direct body-to-earth contact which supports a vibrant, disease-free life. In the book Earthing, authors Clinton Ober, Martin Zucker and Dr. Stephen T. Sinatra put forth a bold proposal that earthing (also known as grounding) has the ability to heal… I believe that they're on to something.
At the heart of earthing is a central physics-based relationship. Since the advent of shoes, houses, flooring, and elevated beds, we’ve lost our connection with the earth and its inherent electrical field. Think about it… when was the last time you had your bare feet directly connected to the earth? How long did you stay connected? Our early ancestors were connected 24/7.
"Basically, the theory is that our bodies are meant to come into contact with the Earth (a “grounding” force) on a regular basis. Positive electrons in the form of free radicals (ever heard of those guys?) can build up in our bodies and direct contact with the ground balances this out as it is a negative grounding charge. Our bodies and cells have electrical energy, and especially with the high prevalence of Electromagnetic waves, Wi-Fi and mobile phone waves, many of us have a high amount of positive electrons built up in our bodies." — Katie Wells from Wellness Mama
And then he casually admits he tried to fight someone at the post office. Totally alpha behavior.
When was the last time that you did something that really scared the shit out of you… run from a lion… run from a dog… go bungee jumping… get on a roller coaster… go bouldering or rock climbing… take up an extreme sport… pick a fistfight that's worth fighting for… (I did this at the post office one day when a man was bullying a woman clerk, he retreated).
He justifies it with it being worth fighting for.
Struggle Develops Strength
The koala bear once had a full-fledged brain that occupied the full innards of that cranium. Then, the koala discovered eucalyptus trees which provided massive 24/7 comforts… protection from prey and an endless buffet. As a species, the koala hasn’t had to really struggle for anything, for a very long time. As a consequence, they (the modern day koalas) now enjoy the smallest relative brain size of all such furry creatures and the relative intelligence of a snow globe. Does this story sound familiar… well, it should… because it’s happening to us modern day Sapiens. Struggle develops strength which is why “Do Something That Makes You Uncomfortable” is one of my favorite habits.
Referring to Koala Bears as living a too comfortable lifestyle is rich, does he know they all have chlamydia? Being a bush bear without treatment for chlamydia is pretty rough.
Now, this is my favorite. He only drinks Everclear.
HOW I DRINK ALCOHOL [W/ ZERO HANGOVER]
I actually get quite a few inquires about drinking alcohol. To be certain, I advocate  AVOID DANGERS LIKE OUR EARLY ANCESTORS DID… but this whole ancestral living thing has gotta be practical, or it doesn't work. That said, if you can become more robust… if you can build biological resilience so that you can better withstand dangers, poisons and toxins, by all means, have some poison.
There's nothing wrong with a little alcohol from time to time… especially if it's done right! Wife and I have drinks every now and then and it's clear that the benefits of the sensible indulgence outweigh anything else. An interlude with a good drink (a bottle of wine, or a bottle of Everclear) can deepen the experience… it can strengthen the bond… it can be profoundly positive… in context, of course. There's no room in my life for hangovers, which is why I only drink 95% ethanol… here's how I do it…
NOTE: Ethanol (aka alcohol) is the intoxicating agent found in beer, wine and liquor. The problem these days is that alcoholic drinks are not pure enough… commercial interests add terrible, terrible things for looks, taste, texture, preservatives… and the list goes on (think even more poisons). These additive poisons wreak havoc on your liver, body and brain and cause hangover-like symptoms. Why not just avoid them altogether.
Start with an empty stomach. Yep, that right! If ya don't, you're sending your liver to work overtime. Next, take some liposomal glutathione 15 to 30 minutes before your first drink. With your first drink, and each subsequent drink, throw 4 or so Liver capsules down the hatch. This is what I drink…
- Everclear - 1 shot
- Lemon/s - 1 to 2 freshly squeezed lemon juice with a little rind shaved off into the mix
- Sparkling Mineral Water - 16 to 24 oz of top shelf sparkling… I go with Mountain Valley Spring Water or Pierre Cans (always in glass or cans)
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt - 2 grams or a few big pinches… salt enough so that you taste it; this should be a salty, citrusy drink
- Ice - (opitonal) I make my ice from Mountain Valley Spring Water
Stir, drink and be merry with friends and loved ones. I usually have 3 of these and I'm totally good to go! Wife has 1 to 2 and she thinks she's hilarious (that's when I know she's really buzzed). It's imperative to only have these drinks, or non-calorie drinks (w/ no fake stuff) or you'll ruin the whole thing. Let your liver do it's thing… let it work and let it breathe. Before binging on primal fare, wait at least 15 to 30 minutes from the last sip of your last drink, have another round of liposomal glutathione, wait a few minutes and have at it! Here's a summary…
- Start with people that you like… people in your tribe
- Empty stomach
- Liposomal glutathione (Core Med Science; take as directed)
- Liver capsules
- Make drinks; don't forget the pink sea salt (otherwise) it doesn't work
- Only consume these drinks and/or mineral water… no food whatsoever (except Liver capsules) or it doesn't work
- Re-dose w/ Liver capsules before each drink
- Liposomal glutathione; round 2
- Eat eggs with extra yolks; I have round 9 to 12; wife has 6 to 8
- Liposomal vitamin C (Mercola, take 2)
- Maybe some melatonin before bed (1 mg or so)
If you're not gonna eat eggs, make sure that you down a good 6 egg yolks (otherwise) it doesn't work, and take some liposomal vitamin C with your meal. The next morning, I feel great… I'm productive… I'm ready to go… no hangover symptoms that linger into the day nor the next day. This is what works for me.
I do not care how exact and well thought out you put it, drinking Everclear is never ok in any situation. Look all alcohol is not created the same. I don't care what you say, chugging a beer is not the same as a shot of vodka. The vodka somehow hits your bloodstream faster makes you crazy. Now imagine that jump from beer to vodka, that's the difference between vodka and Everclear. That stuff is so pure, it probably hits your bloodstream so fast you will be going primal caveman mode without the modern moral compass.
By the way, by living this lifestyle is how Livergod is so jacked. He absolutely is not using any sort of steroids or growth hormone. If his gut looks like his overgrown internal organs are giving him a potbelly it is most definitely the liver.
He posted a picture of him at 19 when he was also jacked, so he has always been living this lifestyle, and not on steroids.
I don’t even care if he's on roids, if someone actually lived that lifestyle they would have pretty good gains, would you be able to hold down a job? Probably not, but you would be primal AF.
(I secretly want to go live with him and do primal shit for a week)
On today’s zero blog 30 they also dive into the man the myth, Liverking.