A couple weeks ago on Halloween, world-famous Dutch/Moroccan DJ/producer R3HAB was performing at TAO in Chicago, (Eddie’s favorite club, and the spot of some very memorable moments for me)
His team, along with our Tao, were kind enough to invite us to the show.
Last month R3HAB released his collaboration with Ava Max "Sad Boy," which entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic chart. In the past several months, he's worked with or remixed the likes of Rihanna, Drake, Calvin Harris, Sean Paul, Jason Derulo, Kygo, The Chainsmokers, P!nk, Sofia Carson, and more.
He's currently gearing up for the release of his 3rd studio album. And his new single, featuring Lucas Graham, drops this Friday.
We got the chance to sit down with him before his show and discuss everything Backstage. We talked about entrepreneurship, fitness and his obsession with the Whoop band, food, travel, K-Pop, coming up with Afrojack, and everything music.
R3hab, real name Fadil El Ghoul, couldn't have been a cooler more down-to-earth guy. Aside from being insanely talented here are just a few of his accolades:
- R3HAB is the most discovered artist on Spotify in the most markets (16)
- His releases have been Gold- or Platinum-certified over 40 times.
- In 2019 R3HAB's "All Around The World" with A Touch of Class quickly became his biggest ever record already surpassing 400M streams on Spotify alone and achieving gold & platinum status in 8 countries. It was followed by R3HAB's stellar collaboration with ZAYN "Flames."
- R3HAB's official remixes include Sean Paul, Jason Derulo, Lay Zhang, NOTD, Rammstein, Wafia, Liam Payne, Steve Aoki, Tom Walker, Sofi Tukker, Danny Ocean, Kygo, The Chainsmokers, P!nk to name a few.
- R3HAB's most notable releases of 2020 include "Creep" with GATTUSO, "Good Example" with Andy Grammer, "Be Okay" with HRVY, "Besame" with Tini & REIK, "Am I The Only One" with Astrid S & HRVY, to name a few.
- R3HAB has spent the last 8 years garnering hundreds of millions of streams while charging ahead on the global club circuit, all without a formal record label to lean on.
- R3HAB's debut album "Trouble" marked a major breakthrough for the Dutch native upon its release in the fall of 2017. Released independently, the LP has gained over a half-billion streams globally to date.
- With his second full-length studio album, "The Wave" (2018), R3HAB continued to push the boundaries of dance music. The album racked up over 300M streams with tracks "Ain't That Why", "Hold On Tight", "The Wave", and platinum hit "Lullaby" shooting into the Billboard Top 100 Dance/Electronic Charts.
- In 2016 R3HAB founded his label CYB3RPVNK, which has passed 4B streams across all platforms since its inception.
- He is currently one of Spotify's top 200 most streamed artists across all genres worldwide and ranked #12 on prestigious DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs chart.
Huge thank you to R3hab, Tao Chicago, CYB3RPVNK and Spinnin' Records.
Be sure to follow R3hab on
You can catch him at his residency in Vegas at the world famous Hakkasan Nightclub
And Tao Chicago
And follow us on Barstool Backstage