Settle in on your monday morning with a rundown of all things that happened in the past (two) week(s) in the music world.
This week's playlist comes from the DJ world. My guy PHNM, originally from Chicago but now residing in Portland came up with a list he polled DJs around the country on what the last song they Shazam'd was. Pretty original playlist with some real good new stuff in it-
(Here was my submission)
- Billie Eilish made the cover of the June 2021 issue of British Vogue and people are freaking out about it. I think she looks like Lady Gaga kinda.
She also announced her sophomore album and dropped a new song, "Your Power"
- Taylor Swift’s re-recorded Fearless album debuted at No. 1. Shocker, I know.
- Resorts World Las Vegas teased its music lineup and it's pretty insane. Katy Perry, Celine Dion, Luke Bryan, Zedd and Tiesto appear in a trippy spot, released on Thursday (April 22), hyping the brand new resort's roster of entertainment. According to a press release, "The commercial offers a sneak peek of the astounding entertainment to come as a result of the unprecedented partnerships between Resorts World Las Vegas, Concerts West / AEG Presents and Zouk Group."
- The Weeknd and Ariana Grande unveiled their "Save Your Tears" remix
- Maroon 5's seventh album, Jordi, will be dedicated to their late manager Jordi Feldstein, who died in 2017. Frontman Adam Levine told Ellen DeGeneres that "there was no better tribute than to name the album after our boy." Jordi will be released on June 11, and it includes Maroon 5's collaboration with Megan Thee Stallion "Beautiful Mistakes" and their 2019 hit single "Memories."
- Miley Cyrus Joined The Kid LAROI on his remix of “Without You”
- Dua Lipa Covered Arlo Parks’ “Eugene”. And crushed obviously.
- Alec Benjamin Dropped a Single "The Way You Felt"
- DJ Khaled dropped his 12th album Khaled Khaled on Friday (April 30) via We the Best Music, Epic and Roc Nation. His real name, Khaled Khaled, translates from Arabic to "immortal." The album is all right, starting out strong but kind of fizzling. I don't really understand the point of "featuring" Lil Wayne only to have him not really featured. Expect the song with Bieber to be all over the radio come peak summer time
- Drake is currently gearing up to release his long-awaited album Certified Lover Boy which was slated to drop back in January. He teased photos from the Sunset Sessions cover art shoot
- Polo G's "Rapstar" topped the Hot 100
- Slime Language 2 was No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart
test test test
- Travis Scott teamed up with his cousin Baby Keem Teams on New Track “durag activity”
- RZA Resurrected Bobby Digital for a New Album Digital Potions, and Shared “Pugilism”
- 21 Savage Reworked the Saw Theme Song with “Spiral”
-Lil Yachty Dropped a New Mixtape Michigan Boy Boat
- Earl Sweatshirt Was Featured on The Alchemist’s New Song “Loose Change”
- Lil Baby finally unveiled the MC that he's hinted would be on the "On Me" remix: Megan Thee Stallion -
- Baby appeared on Joyner Lucas' "Ramen & OJ"
- Weezer Release New Van Weezer Song “I Need Some of That”. Van Weezer takes inspiration from metal bands like KISS, Black Sabbath, Metallica, and of course, Van Halen
- CHVRCHES Returned With a New Single “He Said She Said” and it's fire just like everything they do-
- Florence Welch announced that she is writing the music and lyrics for the musical adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby". This is going to be unreal.
- Lana Del Rey announced yet another new album, Blue Banisters, which Del Rey said will arrive on the Fourth of July.
- Kings Of Convenience Announced a New Album Peace or Love, and dropped a new single “Rocky Trail”
- Slowdive, The Flaming Lips Supergroup Release Debut Album Beachy Head. Also in the band are members of The Soft Cavalry and Casket Girls
- Manchester Orchestra Share New Album The Million Masks of God
- Tom Morello Teamed Up with Pussy Riot for New Song “Weather Strike”
- The Bronx Unleashed a New Song “Superbloom”
- Dinosaur Jr. Unleashed a New Album Sweep It Into Space
- My favorite Hayley Williams Dropped a Fuego Cover of Broadcast’s “Colour Me In”
- The long national nightmare is over. Buckcherry is back. They announced a new album Hellbound, and it's first single “So Hott”
- Wolfgang Van Halen’s Mammoth WVH Unveiled a New Song “Feel”
- Frank Zappa’s Final American Concert to Be Released as Live Album. Dropping June 18th
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds Announce A Greatest Hits Album, and Shared a New Song “We’re on Our Way Now”
- Louis The Child dropped a new fire flames debut album single ‘So What’ featuring A R I Z O N A-
- Diplo has returned to Higher Ground with “One By One,” the first single from his next LP. Featuring Elderbrook and Andhim, “One By One” marks Elderbrook and Diplo’s second reunion after their inaugural co-crediting on “Never Gonna Forget” from Black Coffee‘s recent album, Subconsciously.
- David Guetta and Afrojack are back together on the new track ‘Hero’
- R3HAB, Luis Fonsi, Sean Paul team up on future summer anthem “Pues”
- The Chemical Brothers Release New Single “The Darkness That You Fear”
- Soul Clap deliver electrfying third studio album ‘WTF (World Transformation Force)
- Madeon has resurfaced with the release of new single “beside you” by keshi.
- Seven years after his debut, Porter Robinson has released a new album, Nurture
- ZHU crushed his junior LP DREAMLAND 2021
- Alan Jackson releases a song he wrote for his Mom's funeral in 2017. Her voice appears on the track. Onions.
- Orville Peck and Trixie Mattel Team on Cover of Johnny Cash and June Carter’s “Jackson”. This Orville Peck guy is growing on me. (Yes, I'm aware. Guy is a star)
- Sturgill Simpson covers John Prine's "Paradise" that is part of the upcoming tribute album Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows" Songs of John Prine, Vol. 2. That will be released Oct 8.
- Chris Stapleton is featured on Caylee Hammack's "Small Town Hypocrite"
- Brother Osborne with "I'm Not For Everyone"
- Miranda Lambert collaboration album with Jack Ingram and Jon Randall comes out May 7. They released another single "Geraldene".
- With summer around the corner, let's join Tracy Byrd and go crawlin for some watermelon.
- Chris Cagle's "Chicks Dig It" documents why guys do what they do.
- Older video of Tyler Childers playing "That Thing You Said" and Kid Rock filming and listening in the background.
- Up and comer Parker McCollum is selling out shows and appearing on the Grand Ole Opry - it's only the longest running radio broadcast in US history - NBD. McCollum is from Conroe, TX and splits time between Austin and Nashville. His debut single "Pretty Heart" was released in early 2020 and went platinum.
- Luke Bryan looking forward to summer with "Waves"
- Sam Hunt collab with Sasha Sloan on "When Was It Over"
- Brett Young with "Not Yet"
- Kip Moore trying out new sounds with "Good Life"… Jay Joyce as producer (see: Eric Church)
- Olivia Ooms "Name on This Town"
- Andy Velo and "Shade Tree" … just some good wholesome country
- See you comments section…
Here's future award winner Midland with "Fourteen Gears (Adobe House Version)"
- Let's go live with Tyler Childers and "Nose On The Grindstone" at Rupp Arena
- More live with Cody Jinks and "Must Be The Whiskey" at Red Rocks - what a fucking venue
BONUS LINE DANCE
- Gotta keep a watch on him cause he will get away from ya…
- Stoney Larue releases Double Live 25 on his birthday, 4/28. Great live performer.
That does it for this week. For submissions hit me on email firstname.lastname@example.org