We've got a new Alt Rock and 90s Playlist to kick things off. Like on Spotify or in Apple Music -
- I dropped a new mix on Pitbull's Globalization Radio on Sirius FM's "Miki Dz Show" last week-
- Taylor Swift dropped her re-recorded version of her sophomore album Fearless (Taylor’s Version).
Fearless (Taylor’s Version) runs 27 tracks long and includes new features from Maren Morris and Keith Urban, both of whom appear on previously unheard “From the Vault” tracks. Plus, Colbie Caillat returns for the new version of “Breathe”. Ahead of its release, Swift shared “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)”, the Morris-assisted “You All Over Me”, and “Mr. Perfectly Fine”.
This Swiftee went through every word on the album and pointed out the minute differences between original recordings and new recordings. This is a lot. Even for me.
- Demi Lovato dropped her new album Dancing with the Devil… the Art of Starting Over.
Dancing with the Devil… was written around the time of Lovato’s tragic drug overdose, and as such it sees Lovato touching upon themes of resilience, self-help, and friendship — the latter of which is emphasized through collaborations with Ariana Grande (“Met Him Last Night”), Saweetie (“My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend”), and Noah Cyrus (“Easy”). Lovato has always had one hell of a voice, but hearing her utilize it in this way is a welcome pivot that suits the pop star rather well.
- Bonnaroo revealed its 2021 lineup - Foo Fighters, Megan Thee Stallion, Tame Impala, Tyler, The Creator, Lana Del Rey and more have joined Lizzo as headliners for this year's epic Bonnaroo festival, now set to take place in September 2021. Other performers include Run the Jewels, Janelle Monáe, Glass Animals, Deftones, Young Thug, My Morning Jacket, G-Eazy, Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, Phoebe Bridgers, Lil Baby, Deadmaus, Leon Bridges, Young the Giant, Brittany Howard, and Flogging Molly. Check out the full lineup here.
- Olivia Rodrigo released a new single, "deja vu"
- The Barenaked Ladies shared their first new single in four years, “Flip”. It's the lead single off their upcoming 16th album… How the fuck do the Barenaked Ladies have 16 albums???
- BTS released a new song “Film Out”. I'm still not convinced its these guys actually singing on their English songs. If anybody has proof please send my way.
- Busta Rhymes and Mariah Carey teamed up again for a new track, "Where I Belong"
- Vic Mensa dropped a new mixtape I TAPE
- Lil Tjay released his new album Destined 2 Win
- A new DMX track was released titled “X Moves” that features Bootsy Collins, Steve Howe, and Ian Paice
- 9 years after Volume 3, Miguel released Art Dealer Chic Vol. 4 EP
- BROCKHAMPTON dropped a new album ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
- Busta Rhymes announced he will b releasing a special 25th Anniversary deluxe edition of The Coming featuring remastered audio, unreleased instrumentals, and hard-to-find remixes. This is great news.
- Doja Cat released her first single off her upcoming album Planet Her featuring SZA “Kiss Me More”
- Polo G dropped a new record, “RAPSTAR”
- The Chicago duo Mother Nature linked up with Valee for a new song “GOOFIEZ”
- 42 Dugg dropped a new song “4 Da Gang” featuring Roddy Ricch
- Paul McCartney and Beck dropped a new version of “Find My Way” off the McCartney III Imagined
- Twenty One Pilots dropped a new single, "Shy Away"
- Prince’s unreleased album Welcome 2 America is set to be released July 30th.
Recorded in 2010, the LP comes packaged with a never-before-seen concert film from 2011 and features 11 Prince originals as well as a cover of Soul Asylum’s “Stand Up and B Strong”.
“Eazy Sleazy” makes no secret of its inspiration. The song directly addresses COVID-19 and the way it has impacted life throughout the past year. One brazen line, in particular, hits home (“Shooting the vaccine/ Bill Gates is in my bloodstream/ It’s mind control”) as millions worldwide navigate and trudge through a vaccination process that’s become part of our “new normal.”
This song fucks. Dave Grohl has been on a warpath since the pandemic started. Guy has just been pumping out covers, b-sides, a full album, and collaborations like this non-stop. Don't kill em Dave.
- Holly Humberstone joined Zane Lowe on Apple Music to discuss her new song “Haunted House”
- Death From Above 1979 dropped, ‘Is 4 Lovers’ and its their best album since their debut
- The Black Keys announced a new blues covers album Delta Kream in tribute to Mississippi hill country blues artists like R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough
- Radiohead’s Ed O’Brien remixed “Slidin'” by Paul McCartney
- A group and a new artist I love, beabadoobee and The 1975 teamed up for Our Extended Play EP, along with a video of “Last Day on Earth”
- AI Software created a “New” Nirvana song “Drowned in the Sun”. Songs were also created in the style of Amy Winehouse, The Doors, and Jimi Hendrix for the Lost Tapes of the 27 Club project
- All Time Low dropped a new single, "Once In A Lifetime" and it bangs
- Fitz, of Fitz and the Tantrums, previewed his first solo album with ‘Head Up High’. The musician’s as-yet-untitled debut set to arrive next year
- Royal Blood dropped a new album, Limbo
- Garbage announced a new album, No Gods No Masters. Shirley Manson and company return in June with their seventh full-length
- Pete Wentz debuted his new show on Apple Music Radio, "Loud & Sad"
- Suspect208 (the sons of Slash and Robert Trujillo) unleashed a heavy new song “You Got It”
- Gede dropped a new EP titled Cream On Gold covering two of Ratatat's biggest tracks, "Cream on Chrome" and "Seventeen Years". It is a fun tribute to the electronic rock giants, with a slight twist in name for his black, cream, and gold Gretsch guitar.
- The Wallflowers announced a new album, Exit Wounds, and shared a new song “Roots and Wings”
- A group I fuckin love, Bloc Party’s Kele announces a new solo album The Waves Pt. 1, and shared “Smalltown Boy”
- Evanescence released a new album The Bitter Truth
- GWAR, yes GWAR, announced an "Unplugged EP", and released an acoustic version of “Fuck This Place”
- Joni Mitchell announced a new box set The Reprise Albums (1968-1971) to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Blue
- AFI unveiled two new songs “Dulcería” (co-Written by Billy Corgan) and “Far Too Near”
- St. Vincent shared a new song “The Melting of the Sun”
- Chicago’s own, Course, shared a new single “Sixteen”
- Dropkick Murphys unveiled a new song “Queen of Suffolk County”
- R3HAB and Andy Grammer reunited for their second emotive collab "Close To You" -
- Lane 8‘s latest immersive six-track project showcase takes the form of Root To Branch, Vol. 7
- BROHUG dropped a new joint, ‘Burn the House’
- Rain Man and OLY dropped a gem, ‘Still Young’
- Martin Garrix and Maejor dropped their LP ‘La La La’
- Excision and Subtronics teamed up on their long-awaited collaboration, ‘Bunker Buster’
- deadmau5 uploaded a bunch of unreleased demos to Audius
- Taylor Swift continues to stick it to Scooter. She re-recorded "That's When" from her Fearless album and Keith Urban pops up on the track.
- Eric Church told Apple Music About Being Replaced By Taylor Swift on Tour, How Bob Seger Saved His Career, Forthcoming Three Album Project, and More. In his latest 'At Home With’ conversation on Apple Music, Zane Lowe is joined by Eric Church who discusses the “creative journey” of his forthcoming three album project, how Bob Seger saved his career, getting replaced by Taylor Swift as the supporting act on a Rascal Flatts tour, why The Band is his favorite group of all time, bonding with George Strait over James Brown, what he learned about genre from The Rolling Stones, writing songs in his sleep and much more.
- Catch some Paula Abdul on American Idol. She is replacing Luke Bryan who is listed as out (Covid). In all seriousness, stay well Luke.
- If you're missing old twang, legend Alan Jackson is releasing a 21-song project in May titled Where Have You Gone. He teased these three tracks.
- Luke Combs with "Forever After All"
- Mike Ryan with a raw version of "Can Down"
- Dillon Carmichael with "Hot Beer"… pretty funny song about a girl who wants to get back together with her man. But due to her transgressions, he'd rather do other things.
- Brian Kelley of Florida Georgia Line released a solo EP project under the name "Beach Cowboy"
- h/t Jeff