This is a two weeker edition because I didn't get the chance to put one together a couple weeks ago. Apologies. A ton of new music has dropped now that the Grammys are over and things are starting to open back up. It's a good sign for the industry because things have been stale as hell.
- Taylor has a new previously unreleased song, "From The Vault" that she re-recorded with Maren Morris dropping tonight at midnight. Good Morning America aired a snippet preview this morning. It's titled "You All Over Me"
- Justin Bieber released his new album Justice and made his Tiny Desk debut
With Changes Bieber celebrated his love of the concept of marriage. With Justice he is reaching a new level of depth and appreciation for it. It's not party rocking, single living Biebs, but rather an older, mature, grateful one.
- Lana Del Rey isn't exactly "pop" but her new album is going to have singles featured on mainstream radio from now through the end of the year so figured I should put this here. Her new album, Chemtrails Over The Country Club is amazing. It's another Jack Antonoff work (not sure when this guy sleeps) and has a sort of "folk-ish" sound to it. Stream it below and be sure to check out the closing track, a cover of Joni Mitchell’s 1970 song, “For Free"
- Demi Lovato unveiled "Dancing With the Devil", her four-part YouTube Originals docuseries that opened SXSW on Tuesday March 16
- After nearly a decade of teasing, Gomez has unleashed her first-ever Spanish-language EP, Revelación
- Doja Cat released the music video for “Streets”
- Saint Motel dropped "Feel Good" from the Netflix Motion Picture YES DAY.
Some more Saint Motel jams without the Netflix Suits sound…
- Chaka Khan releases a new Version of “I’m Every Woman” with Idina Menzel and it's fire
- Benny Blanco gave a pretty awesome interview to Apple Music where he discussed everything and anything. It started off about his upcoming album, 'FRIENDS KEEP SECRETS 2' but evolved into him talking about accidently kissing Beyonce in front of Jay-Z at their house, about how Rihanna’s “Diamonds” came to be and that Eminem originally recorded the track but wasn't able to use it, and more great stories.
- Imagine Dragons released a new single, "Follow You"
- X Ambassadors release "torture" ft. Earl St. Clair. It is part X Ambassadors collaborative series Eg featuring up-and-coming artists.
- Grouplove dropped a new album, This Is This
- Lake Street Dive released a new album, Obviously
- MGK released a new track called "Daywalker" which I'm not sure what to make of…
- Phoebe Bridgers released two covers for Spotify Singles including one of John Prines' "Summer's End" and Jackson Browne's Kyoto-
She also joined Elton John on his Rocket Hour podcast on Apple Music to discuss the Grammys, and Billie Eilish
- USERx released a new self titled EP, USERx
- Thom Yorke of Radiohead gave “Creep” an acoustic remix for a Japanese fashion show and its pretty sick
- Green Day released a 25th Anniversary, Re-mastered edition of Insomniac
- Greta Van Fleet (who I'm on the record as fucking loving) dropped a new single, "Broken Bells". I can't wait for their new project
- Rob Zombie dropped a new album with a killer name, The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy
- Rise Against dropped a new single, "Nowhere Generation"
- The Maine dropped a new song titled "Sticky"
- Canadian duo The Blue Stones dropped a new single off their upcoming album Hidden Gems
- Buzzcut has a new track with Danny Brown called "Brockhampton"
- The Bronx released a new cut off their upcoming album Bronx VI
- beabadoobee teams with The 1975 for Our Extended Play EP, and shared “Last Day on Earth” (I think this girl is crazy talented and is going to continue to blow up)
- Portugal The Man dropped a new recording of "The Devil" off their new live album, Oregon City Sessions
- Arcade Fire and Owen Pallett finally released the score for Spike Jonze’s Her 8 years later
- Spoon shared covers of Tom Petty's “Breakdown” and “A Face in the Crowd”
- Future Islands covered Tina Turner’s hit “We Don’t Need Another Hero” for their SiriusXMU session-
- Snoop dropped a new single, "CEO"
- Tee Grizzly continues to drop new material, releasing "White Lows Off Designer" featuring Lil Durk
- Kanye West has a piece of audio hardware coming out soon called "The Kanye Stem Player" that allows users to manipulate the stems (aka the different parts) of a song. It's a handheld device and he will probably sell a zillion of them. Say what you want about the guy being nuts but he's a fuckin genius.
- Benny the Butcher and Harry Fraud unveiled a new album The Plugs I Met 2
- Lil Durk previewed a Lil Baby collab snippet
- Since being pardoned by President Trump 2 months ago Kodak Black has recorded 167 new songs…
he also previews a new song "Drive The Boat"
- Lil Uzi Vert pledges to head back to basics, teasing the arrival of "The Real Uzi 2," a sequel to his debut mixtape from 2014.
- While there has yet to be a concrete release date attributed to Migos' upcoming Culture 3, a project that has been cooking up for a minute now, all signs are currently indicating an imminent released
- Pac Div dropped a new album, Church League Champions
- 24kGoldn joined The Plug Radio with Nick and Eddie ahead of dropping his new album, El Dorado, to talk about the title of the project, working with DaBaby & Future, and how to spend a night in his hometown of San Francisco.
- Chicago's own Rocky Fresh and Vic Mensa teamed up for "Racer"
- Polo G’s “For My Fans (Freestyle)” remixes “Beat Box”, “Whoopty”, and “No More Parties”
- Illenium dropped a new banger with Iann Dior, "First Time". (I fuckin love Illenium and think he's the most talented person in electronic music along with Gryffin right now)
- R3HAB, Timmy Trumpet and W&W brought back festival memories with "Distant Memory". Both the title and sonic side of the track bring back memories of attending big-room and open-air festivals
- LSD aka Major Lazer Feat Sia, Diplo, and Labrinth dropped "Titans"
- My guy's E-V and Borlini dropped a new heater with up-and-comer Siena Bella called "Dare You"
- my guy Nick Rockwell dropped a new deep house track titled "Eyes On You"
- As previously blogged, can't stop watching and listening to Post Malone's covers of Sturgill and Paisley. Goes to show that artists have wide-ranging talent. Post's covers illustrate there are truly only two genres of music - good music and bad music.
- Brandi Carlile covered the late John Prine's "I Remember Everything" at the Grammys.
- Miranda Lambert performed "Bluebird" from her latest album at the Grammys
- Maren Morris performed "The Bones" at the Grammys with John Mayer. And it was fucking awesome.
- Charlie Marie with "El Paso"
- Stephen Flatt with "El Camino"
- The Cadillac Three released "Long After Last Call" in support of independent music venues, the ones where country artists cut their teeth working towards their big break. They partnered with the National Independent Venue Association for the "SaveOurStages" campaign. As much as big live shows are awesome, there's just something about small, intimate venues.
- Breland collab with Mickey Guyton on "Cross Country"
- Legend Loretta Lynn released a new album Still Woman Enough where Reba and Carrie Underwood made an appearance.
- Portia Clark is joined by Darius for "Ready to Fall"
- Darius Rucker released his first single since the summer of 2020. "My Masterpiece" is likely part of a future album.
- Emmy award winner Leslie Jordan is turning gospel musician. He teamed up with Chris and Morgane Stapleton for "Farther Along", part of Jordan's album Compnay's Comin' that will also feature Brandi Carlile, Dolly Parton, Eddie Vedder, Tanya Tucker, TJ Osborne, Travis Howard, Katie Pruitt, Danny Myrick, Charlie Worsham, and Ashley McBryde.
- Brandi Carlile covered John Prine’s “I Remember Everything” for a new tribute album, Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs of John Prine Vol. 2 due out this fall-
- Miranda Lambert dropped another torn down track for the upcoming The Marfa Tapes. "Tin Man" comes from The Weight of These Wings album.
- Lady A dropped "Like a Lady"
- Go to Sunday church with Carrie Underwood's "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus" as she teams up with Needtobreathe's Bear Rinehart. Her new album My Savior comes out March 26.
- "Where the Neon Lies" from Triston Marez ft. Ronnie Dunn. Some good ole country sound from a 24-year-old, and Dunn is a legend.
- Dust alert… Rory Feek released "One Angle" in homage to his wife and duo partner Joey who battled cancer and passed away 5 years ago at the age of 40. The song was written by songwriter Sandy Emory Lawrence, a close friend of the couple. Lawrence recorded it a year after Joey passed away. Feek said, "I've probably listened to the song a hundred times since then." Feek plans to release his first solo album Gentle Man that will feature a Vince Gill collab and cover of Dylan's "The Times They Are a-Changin'."
- Kenny Chesney sat down with Apple Music Country to discuss recording with Kelsea Ballerini, his early days as a songwriter, writing "I Go Back," and more on 'Today’s Country Radio with Kelleigh Bannen'
- Thanks Jeff
If you have suggestions or submissions fire them over to firstname.lastname@example.org