Here's this week's featured playlist. Some 80's pop rock.
And my updated New Shit Playlist. Give this a follow on Spotify or Apple Music to stay up to date automatically-
Here's what happened this past week in music, genre by genre-
- Coley covered this amazing news. Bruno Mars announced he was pairing up with Anderson Paak to form a dynamic duo named "Silk Sonic", and they have an album on the way.
- Billie Eilish came to the big screen with the premiere of her Apple TV+ documentary The World's a Little Blurry
She also went on the Colbert Show to discuss the documentary and her new album which is almost complete
- "Drivers License" from Olivia Rodrigo rolled to a sixth week at No. 1 on the Hot 100. Unreal.
- Justin Bieber announced his sixth studio album Justice, which will contain hit singles "Holy," "Lonely" and "Anyone," will arrive on March 19. The album art is terrible, but his latest single "Anyone" is a fucking banger.
- WWE 24/7 Champion Bad Bunny was the musical guest on last weekend's Saturday Night Live
For his first song, the Puerto Rican star appeared alongside singer-songwriter Rosalia for a performance of their recent collab "La Noche De Anoche."
He appeared later, completely alone on stage to deliver the emotional Spanish-language "Te Deseo Lo Mejor"
- Madison Beer dropped a new album, Life Support
- St. Vincent unveiled a new "sleazy and grimy” album is coming out May 14, titled Daddy’s Home
- AFI announced a new album Bodies, and released two new singles-
- Dave Grohl will be premiering a new series he's doing for Paramount+ with his mom.
The Grohls’ series is based on Mama Grohl’s 2017 book From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars, taking the name From Cradle to Stage. The book featured interviews with rock stars’ moms about raising their little hell-raisers, and the six-part docu-series will further explore those relationships. Each episode will center on a single famous artist and their mother, with Dave and Virginia along for the ride.
- Duff McKagan’s pre-Guns N’ Roses punk band "The Living" unearthed a 1982 recording for their first-ever release "Two Generation Stand".
- NOFX premiered their new LP titled, Single Album
- The non-profit CORE (Community Organized Relief Effort) has announced a two-day Rock ‘N’ Relief livestream to raise funds for COVID-19 aid in Los Angeles. Foo Fighters, Carly Simon, Perry Farrell, Jewel, Deadmaus, Miguel, and more will perform.
- Alice Cooper released a new album: Detroit Stories
- One of my favorite groups I've come across in a while, Caamp, covered Tom Petty’s “Square One” from his 2006 solo album Highway Companion.
- Leon Bridges covered "Like A Ship"
- The Offspring have a new album coming out. First in a decade titled Let The Bad Times Roll, and they released the title track lead single -
- Punk drummer Mikey Erg is streaming his new self-titled album -
- As Reags covered this week, Post Malone covered Hootie's "Only Wanna Be With You" for Pokemon's 25th Anniversary (what?)
- Freddie Gibbs and Madlib dropped a deluxe edition of Piñata featuring 83 b-sides, remixes, and instrumentals.
- The Alchemist and Armand Hammer announced a new album Haram with Earl Sweatshirt, Quelle Chris, and others.
- Paramount+ announced they will be bringing back VH1’s Behind the Music, Yo! MTV Raps, and Unplugged. Which is fuckin amazing news.
- Chicago's Vic Mensa was joined by Wyclef Jean and Peter CottonTale for a Late Show performance of his new song “FR33DOM”
- Denzel Curry and Kenny Beats announced UNLOCKED 1.5, a reimagining of last year’s UNLOCKED EP. The duo also shared The Alchemist’s take on “‘Cosmic’.m4a” featuring Joey Bada$$.
- A new single surfaced from the late Brooklyn drill rapper Pop Smoke from an upcoming movie he stars in, "Boogie"
- Tee Grizzly dropped a new single -
- Mr. Green teamed up with DMX for "Supreme Ninja Training Montage"
The latest in the Ultimate Supreme Ninja Champion series, which has also featured Rick Ross and Gucci Mane, is a training anthem loosely inspired by 1980s movie montages..
Fat Beats Records limited edition vinyl release includes drum and instrumental versions and music from the new “g music library”.
- Alesso and Armin van Buuren teamed up on a new record, ‘Leave A Little Love’
- Cheat Codes dropped a new single featuring Hayley May, ‘That Feeling’
- Oliver Heldens dropped his first original of 2021, ‘Never Look Back’ featuring Syd Silvair
- Joel Corry, David Guetta, and RAYE collaborated for ‘Bed’
- Carnage released "KTM" under his GORDO house moniker. His first under the name, on Ultra Records.
- More new Eric Church, of course.
- Blackberry Smoke announced their new album “You Hear Georgia” and it’s title track.
- Kenny Chesney released a new single “Knowing You”
- Dale Watson will release a new album “The Memphians” that was recorded live with no overdubs. As part of the project, he released “Deep Eddy”, a h/t to Duane Eddy, a Rock and Roll HOF guitarist.
- Ben Howard released the single “Far Out” if you're interested in psilocybin.