Here's the new Weekly Playlist- [Insert Virgin Joke Here]
Self-explanatory list of emo jams
Here's what happened this past week-
- Olivia Rodrigo's "Drivers License" debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. This song just continues to gain steam, which all the power to her. You've probably heard it and asked yourself "who the hell is this?" But it's everywhere now and has been co-signed by Taylor Swift and just about every other major pop star which is big time for Olivia Rodrigo
- The NFL announced the performers for this year's Super Bowl pre game festivities.
Apart from halftime performer The Weeknd, the NFL announced that H.E.R. will perform "America the Beautiful" and Jazmine Sullivan and Eric Church will sing the National Anthem
We're big Eric Church fans here so this is awesome news.
- Weezer released a new single off their upcoming album titled "All My Favorite Songs" and its a jam. I fuckin love Weezer.
- Billie Eilish and Rosalía teamed up for Spanish-language single "Lo Vas a Olvidar"
- There was news that a never before heard Radiohead demo is going to be up for auction and includes unreleased tracks "Promise Me", "Body in a Box", and "These Are the Chains".
- The Black Pumas burned the fuckin house down at the Inauguration party. I have become obsessed with these guys this past year. Full blog coming this week-
- The power duo of Mark Ronson and Diplo returned with a new record, "New Love," featuring Ellie Goulding. And it goes.
- Lil Wayne dropped a new song which is basically one big "thank you to President Trump" for pardoning him called "Ain't Got Time"
- Joey Badass dropped a new single titled "Let It Breathe"
- Tee Grizzley dropped a new track titled "Gave That Back"
- Wale popped up with a new track, "Good Vibes"
- The Ashanti vs. Keyshia Cole Verzuz Battle FINALLY took place. Was a great walk down memory lane with the Ashanti tracks but the battle was kind of a dud compared the what Verzuz has been rolling out over the past year.
- Eric Fuckin' Church announced he is releasing not 1, not 2, but 3 albums in April titled Heart & Soul. Wrote and recorded the three albums in 28 days in the mountains of his home state North Carolina. For the vinyl lovers out there, all three will be pressed on white vinyl. However, the middle album & will only be available to Church Choir members. That presale begins Thursday and the general public on Friday. LFG.
- There's a newcomer on the scene in Morgan Wade. She's releasing her debut ablum Reckless in March. Cool little story - she was playing at the same festival as Jason Isbell when his sound engineer caught her set, bought her music and passed it onto Isbell's guitarist Sadler Vardon (who also produces music). And that's how it's done. Morgan, both singer and songwriter, wrote the album and teased with "Wilder Days" on Friday.
- Sam Williams released a cool song with "You Can't Fool Your Own Blood"
- Charlie Berry dropped "Whiskey Take It Easy"