Real quick here. This week on The Dog Walk, we drafted a nuclear family: mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparent. It was fun as fuck to record as usual, but my opposition didn't like who I drafted as my brother. Before I get into why Ned Stark is the greatest brother of all time, fictional or otherwise, please take a moment to unsubscribe, resubscribe, rate 5 stars and leave a review for The Dog Walk. It's truly one of the best podcasts in the Barstool network and is of the 15 min one hitter variety.
Now back to Ned Stark: GOAT brother. That's just a fact, and the reasoning is simple.
1. Ned Stark adopted his dying sister's son which is the single most important event in all of Game of Thrones
2. Ned's sister's son is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen aka the Prince of Dragonstone aka the son of Aerys Targaryen, King of the 7 Kingdoms aka the rightful heir to the Iron Throne
3. Ned told his wife he fucked another girl while at war and bred a bastard child but didn't want to abandon him, almost obliterating their marriage
4. Ned gave Westeros "The Prince That Was Promised", aka Jon Snow, aka the person solely responsible for defeating the army of the dead (with respect to Arya)
5. Jon Snow helped create an allegiance between the Wildlings and factions south of the wall, which all helped defeat the army of the dead6. Jon Snow killed the Mad Queen and even the Mad Queen's dragon had his back. The dragon made this clear when he melted the throne
And finally, a war that lasted thousands of years dating back to the First Men and Children of the Forest was now over thanks to Ned Stark being an AWESOME fucking brother. That's all there is to it. If Ned Stark told his sister to first herself when she was dying as she popped Jon Snow out of her birth canal, there's no Game of Thrones at all. We wouldn't have even been able to bitch about season 8.
Ned Stark is the greatest brother in television history and that's all there is to it. If you disagree with me you're just a simpleton that would have probably drafted Bart Simpson or someone mindless like that.
Go listen to the show. That's an order