Haaaaan?? Come again?? Is Quarantine getting into French's head, or was he celebrating 4/20 a little late? I'm not the biggest Kendrick Lamar fan by any means, but it's common sense to know him and French Montana are NOWHERE near each other when it comes to hits! I was about to go into a deep dive of statistics to back myself up, but thank Ugly God we have Twitter and memes to make life easier.
Just in case you couldn't read all of those accolades, let me break down a few of them for you.
- To Pimp A Butterfly was named, "Album Of The Decade" by Critics.
- Good Kid, M.A.A.D City may be one of the greatest albums ever released, and was the longest hip hop studio album to be in the Billboard 200.
- DAMN. has spent 3 years on the Billboard 200.
- His song HUMBLE. is one of less than 10 songs to earn 1 billion on demand audio streams in the U.S.
- He has 2 of the five highest rated albums since 2000.
- He has 13 Grammy Awards (even though Grammy's have become a joke to some).
Now that we listed some facts about K.Dot, here are some facts about French Montana.
1. French is a king of his craft, there's no denying that.
2. Not only does French release more music than Kendrick, but they are more club bangers. To hell with quality over quantity, and to hell with writing beautiful music filled with creative lyricism and storytelling.
3. You thought Kendrick Lamar was HUMBLE? Well, French is WAY TOO HUMBLE.
Not going to lie, I thought French was saying these replies were all facts, but I think he was just promoting his new single. Can't say it's bad marketing.
Can you name a French Montana song off the top of your head? It's a lot harder than naming Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe, DNA, Alright, HUMBLE, Sing About Me, I'm Dying Of Thirst, ADHD, Swimming Pools, Poetic Justice, Loyalty, and Backseat Freestyle off the dome. When I think of a French song, I think of POP THAT, All The Way Up, and Unforgettable. All of them are god damn bangers, but I seriously can't think of a song by French where he doesn't have a feature.
French has hits, he's obviously a successful rapper, and quite honestly hard not to like. But him saying his songs can go toe to toe with Kendricks is just blasphemous. I like his confidence, but comparing yourself to an artist of a decade is a bold statement. French has more songs out than Kendrick, but quality over quantity is the way I see it. But what do I know?
That Quarantine beard though.