The Boston Bruins rattled off their fourth straight win thanks to a David Pastrnak OT winner in Edmonton on Wednesday night.
Patrice Bergeron opened the scoring with his 27th of the season early in the 1st period. 1-0 Bruins.
Penalties galore in the 2nd. It was still 1-0 Bruins heading into the 3rd.
Sam Gagner redirected a shot from the point from Ethan Bear to tie the game midway through the 3rd. 1-1.
David Pastrnak with the breakaway OT winner. His 43rd of the season. Bruins win 2-1.
FINAL: Boston 2, Edmonton 1
News, notes and quotes:
- 27th of the season for Patrice Bergeron, he now has goals in 4 straight games.
- A million penalties tonight. Felt like every other play had an infraction. B's went 0/7 on the PP tonight and haven't been great on the man advantage in their last few games. Granted a few of those PPs were either broken in terms of it being a 4 on 4 then a PP etc.
- David Pastrnak with goal No. 43 for the OT winner. He took a bad penalty late in the 3rd but got rewarded in the end. Game, blouses.
- Thought Charlie Coyle played well tonight. Drew a few penalties. That 3rd line with him and Bjork are starting to gain more and more chemistry.
- Oilers were banged up tonight, no McDavid, no Klefbomb, no Kassian etc etc. Still played hard but B's I thought controlled the game and earned the extra point.
- Tuukka Rask made 28 saves on 29 shots.
Very cool moment pregame as Jake DeBrusk gets interviewed by his Dad and Edmonton Oilers Color Analyst. So wholesome.
Back at it on Friday night as their Western road swing continues vs. the Calgary Flames. B's are buzzing with 4 straight wins, 10 wins in their last 11 to stay atop of the NHL. Let's keep it rolling.
It was a great night to win a hockey game.