Down 2 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd, Bruce Cassidy pulled Tuukka Rask in favor for the extra attacker and David Krejci came through not once, but twice. Pulling the Bruins all the way back from the dead, forcing OT and paving the way for Torey Krug to play OT hero in his first game back from an upper body injury (out last 5 games).
Krug saw the ice in front of him and took it, beating Alex Stalock as the Bruins escape TD Garden by stealing 2 points from the Minnesota Wild.
FINAL: Boston 5, Minnesota 4 (OT)
A few news, notes and quotes:
- Jaro Halak was supposed to play tonight but arrived to the rink sick. Tuukka Rask played in his 3rd straight game, making 32 saves, none bigger than the one on Zucker in OT.
- Torey Krug returned to the lineup tonight after a 5 game absence due to a UBI, Steven Kampfer also returned, filling in for Connor Clifton. Par Lindholm is nursing a cut suffered vs. Buffalo, Brett Ritchie played tonight as well.
- 2 goals on 5 shots for David Krejci - who helped the Bruins climb out of the hole, on as the extra attacker. Speaking of Krech, Chris Wagner lined up as the 2RW but played just a little over 9 minutes tonight. Don Sweeney should be doing anything and everything he can to find someone to play with Krejci and DeBrusk. PLEASE.
- 4 apples for Bergeron tonight.
- The Bruins were shorthanded 7 times tonight. SEVEN. Gotta clean it up, no matter how bad the refs are.
B's are unveiling their 3rd jerseys tomorrow, I'll be there in Boston so look out for my blog on those and you can follow along by following me on Twitter here.
It was a great night to win a hockey game.
Welcome back, Torey.