The Boston Bruins played a complete game in Montreal on Monday night, shutting out the Canadiens 4-0.
(1st, 2:21): Nordstrom delivers during the holidays, great passing play and Joakim buries his 5th of the year to give the Bruins the 1-0 lead.
(2nd, 19:34): Colby Cave scores his first career NHL goal off a slick feed from Pastrnak and McAvoy. 2-0 Bruins after 2.
You always remember your first.
(3rd, 00:46): David Krejci is the recipient of a Montreal BLUNDER. 3-0 Bruins.
Seriously, what are the Habs doing?
(3rd, 5:06): Brad Marchand wanted in on the scoring. Another pretty passing play sets up Marchy’s PPG. 4-0 Bruins.
Final: Boston 4, Montreal 0
News, notes and quotes.
- Colby Cave recorded his first career NHL goal. Five hole on Carey Price. He’s been great since his recall from the A. Very reliable, does the little things well, nice to see him get on the scoresheet.
- David Krejci’s goal was his 599th point as a Bruin. He’s been on a fucking tear lately with Marchand and Pastrnak. He extended his point streak to seven games.
- Charlie McAvoy with two apples tonight, he was an absolute ‘bonafide stallion’ tonight in the words of Jack Edwards. Probably his best game since returning from a concussion. Pick up some of his new gear here.
- Montreal had 24 giveaways.. TWENTY FOUR. They were atrocious all over the ice. More importantly, the B’s have regained 4th in the Atlantic Division from them.
- The Halakness Monster – Jaroslav Halak with the shutout, stopping all 22 shots tonight. Print the shirts?
- Help is coming… Bergeron will practice with the team on Wednesday and could be in on Thursday. Chara is a little further away from returning.
Just an all around 60 minute effort from the Bruins tonight, compete level was high, especially on the second night of a back to back. Felt good, felt great.
B’s are back in action on Thursday night as they host the Anaheim Ducks.