Happy Memorial Day Weekend: A Few Last Minute Suggestions
I’d be shocked if most of you aren’t already en route to wherever you’re going to golf, grill, lay out, swim, dance or do whatever you do with a three day weekend.
But just in case you need a few refreshers for the weekend, allow me to share a few of my favorite things…
1. Before anything else, make sure you say thank you to those who served for our country and remember those who died doing so.
It’s easy to forget the bigger meaning of holidays like this one. But it’s important to take time to honor the men and women who lost their lives fighting for this great country. It’s by far the most important thing you can do this weekend.
2. Multi-task in the best way: Watch sports while posted up on an inflatable float.
I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. The best way to watch sports in the summer is to figure out a way to have your TV outside by a body of water. Whether it’s by your pool, on the beach, on a boat or at a swim up bar… this glorious season kicks of with The Masters and stays until mid-football season.
Here are a few games you can try it out during…
– NBA ECF: Cavs/Celtics (Game 6: Friday & Game 7 if needed: Sunday)
– NBA WCF: Warriors/Rockets (Game 6: Saturday & Game 7 if needed: Monday)
– Stanley Cup Finals: Golden Knights/Caps (Game 1: Monday)
– MLB: Astros/Indians, Red Sox/Braves
– Golf: Ft. Worth Invitational at The Colonial
This move is truly a game changer. Thank me later.
3. Drink Micheladas to kick start your days.
I know, I know. Some of you may think this sounds disgusting. 1. You’re wrong. 2. Hear me out.
We’ve all been there when you drink a shit load of beer the day/night before and the idea drinking another one in the morning before round 3 starts sounds terrible. I’m a huge vodka fan, but even for me Bloody Marys can be too thick before you go sit on a boat or a beach.
Grab whatever light beer you want (I would recommend one that is better with lime). Add some Bloody Mary mix. Or if you’re smart, go straight Clamato or tomato juice. Squeeze some lemon and lime, put some spices in that bitch and dab a little hot sauce.
It tastes like there’s zero alcohol in it. And trust me, when you switch back over to plain beer or vodka, you’ll be drunk enough to forget that you’re sunburned and hungover. You’ll be back on that horse in no time.
4. Eat as much BBQ and red,white and blue desserts as possible.
Calories don’t count on holidays and weekends. Facts only.
5. Appreciate this photo one more time.
There are just a few of my favorite things.
Have a safe and awesome weekend, y’all! (PS, please wear sunscreen. Don’t be stupid.)