We’re off and running this week with a whole bunch of NBA. Feels good. Not gonna lie, I’ve kind of been enjoying NBA overs recently as opposed to college basketball. Last night I had the over in the UAB/Marshall game which was 172.5 and I think they scored around 140. Fuck em. We got the rising stars challenge and the NBA All-Star game this weekend! And Oscars next weekend. We’re staying afloat hard until March Madness. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
Matt’s on deck with some CBB game spreads below
Lost last week on Rhode Island and honestly it didn’t feel good off the hand. Friday CBB cards aren’t exactly the most fire flames Con Edison plant slates in the world, but you gotta piss with the dick ya got. I actually like the board tonight and hope you do too. Pick your spots…
- Fairfield @ Quinnipiac +1.5
- The OddsShark computer predicted score is a wild 83-66 Fairfield win. I don’t know what the data analytics going into that score are but I can assure you it will be a much closer game than that. Still, the computer is 62-38 on closing Moneyline numbers. And that, friends, is enough math for me to throw the stags up. Pick: Fairfield -125
- VCU @ Richmond +5.5
- VCU is on a 7 game heater to sit atop the A10 standings at 11-2 in conference. Richmond is a healthy 9-4, coming home after splitting a pair of roadies against La Salle and George Mason. If you’ve read one of these A10 writeups you’ve pretty much read them all, parity parity parity. VCU beat Richmond at the Commonwealth by 7, but failed to cover the -10. Say we are due a 3 point swing for home court, and call the 7 point loss a fairly true indicator of this matchup, and we are looking at a 4 point game. VCU is talented team but it’s time for a slip up. Home sweet home dog. Pick: Richmond +5.5 (a ML sprinkle never killed anybody)
Overall Picks Record: 24-12
@mbrowner55 on Twitter
On to Balls for his overs of the weekend
- Penguins/Blue Jackets Over 6.5
- I am a hard believer that a ridiculously high over usually entails the over will hit. See the NFC Championship & Super Bowl for proof. Don’t know if that works for hockey, but we’re gonna give it a go. I don’t remember the last time I saw a 6.5 total in hockey so let’s fuck.
- Rising Stars Challenge Over 297
- I didn’t know this game was happening until about 10 minutes ago, but BOY am I excited! Karl Anthony-Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, recurring guest Frank Kaminsky..game’s gonna be awesome. Meaningless basketball is some of the best to watch and this is a way better pre-game special than Fairfield/Quinnipiac would’ve been.
- NBA All-Star Game 348.5
- Oh yes! 87.125 points a quarter! 44 baskets in 12 minutes, love it. So excited. 176 baskets in 48 minutes lol. I didn’t get to watch last year’s NBA All-Star game so I am just tingling with glee waiting for this.
aaaaand NBA All-Star week is over. As always, you can find me and Matt on twitter for questions, comments, concerns, and hatred @glenny_balls and @mbrowner55