Advertisement

Utah State Student Hospitalized After An Overdose...On Tide Pods.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 12.00.35 PM

HuffPoA Utah State University student was reportedly taken to a hospital on Saturday after swallowing a Tide detergent pod just days after health officials released repeated warnings against ingesting them.

Local media captured video of the unidentified student being wheeled to an ambulance on a stretcher from a Logan campus dormitory. The hospital has not released the student’s condition.

Eric Warren, director of media relations at USU, confirmed the incident to Salt Lake City station Fox 13, but he added that the school does not know the reason why the student ingested the pod.

“For students and members of our university who are feeling overwhelmed, we have services available. There are people here to talk to you,” he said in a statement.

Fellow USU students reacted with surprise upon hearing the news.

“I think that it’s stupid that anyone would even attempt to eat laundry detergent,” student John Hilton told ABC 4 News. “That’s why I’m going to college, I consider myself more intelligent than that.”

Imagine being a 55 year old man, worked your whole life, planning for retirement just around the corner, grabbing the mail and sitting down to write the $20K tuition check for your kid…and you find out he’s in the fucking hospital for eating a fucking Tide Pod?   Literally ate laundry detergent.  Picked up a ball of laundry detergent, put it in his mouth, chewed and swallowed.  Not only do you realize how much money you’ve been wasting on a college education but now you’ve got the medical bills on top of that to boot.   This is why I don’t think I’ll ever want kids.  Working your ass off for a paycheck then watching all of it go out the door to someone else is bad enough – watching it all go to support some stupid brat who eats fucking laundry detergent to be cool on the internet is something I can’t even think about.