Last weekend was a rollercoaster! There were ups. There were downs, but 6-3 ain’t too shabby for Conference Championship Weekend. I need to discuss some of the day.
Did UCF do it again or did UCF do it again? Call me crazy, but I think the Knights supplied us with the 2 best games of the College Football season in back-to-back weeks. I can’t wait to watch College Football’s cream of the crop aka the Top AAC teams in their bowl games. We got USF taking on Texas Tech in what should be a mighty fine shootout, Memphis is in line for a good matchup against Iowa State, and UCF has a date with Gus Malzahn and Auburn in the Peach Bowl. Can’t wait to watch my squads do battle. Power Six over everything.
And as cool as it was to get 66.6666% of this week’s picks right…that Oklahoma/TCU game still stung like a mother fucking bee. For some sick reason I parlayed that with the Memphis/UCF game like a schmuck. It came back to haunt me…again. Both times those 2 have played this season the total was 63.5. They wound up scoring 58 points each time. 93 points in the first half and 23 in the second half. There’s only one word to describe that. It’s cruel. It’s fucking cruel. Lincoln Riley and Gary Patterson are officially on my list for their style of play in blow outs.
As for this week it’s good news and bad news. The bad news is that college football is in hibernation as it rests up for Bowl SZN and the good news is that we’re getting back in the NFL groove. Should be action-packed. Nathan Peterman’s (most likely) in for Buffalo, the Eagles are visiting the Rams, and most importantly Eli is back in for the Giants. We got a fun Sunday on deck. Let’s dive in.
- San Francisco at Houston Over 44.5
- I love Jimmy G. I think he’ll be the Niners’ QB for years to come and this is gonna be his first big showing. Last week was a nice win to get him to 1-0, but the team only scored 15 points on the road in the Windy City. I’m thinking points will come way easier for them against Houston’s lousy D and same should go for Tom Savage on the other sideline against San Fran. 6 touchdowns and a Field Goal or Safety. Piece of cake!
- Green Bay at Cleveland Over 39.5
- We all know Brett Hundley is nothing to write home about. Yet in the 4 games that he’s been at the helm since Rodgers went down the Pack have scored 23, 0, 28, and 26 points with that donut coming against a fired up Ravens defense. Both the Browns and Packers are gonna be playing hard as Green Bay is trying to keep the wheels turning until Aaron returns and not only is this Cleveland’s last home game against a bad team, but it’s also Josh Gordon’s first game home since ‘Nam. There’s gonna be a party going down in the Dawg Pound. Gimme 31-24 Browns. 1-15 like you read about.
- Philadelphia at LA Rams Over 48
- It was a long time coming for the Eagles to finally not score 20 points. It also made for quite an incredibly frustrating game to watch if you had the over. I was holding out hope all game until that dagger from Wentz. Fumbling into the end zone is the kiss of death. It’s a hard knock life. Anyways I think Philly’s offense rebounds this week and our boy Goff keeps the Rams going full speed ahead.
That’s all for me this week, folks. As always you can find me on Twitter @glenny_balls for questions, comments, and concerns. Win some cash for Bowl Season.
Next week’s blog is gonna be all about the gambling aspect of fight night in Bluefield, West Virginia in anticipation for Rough N’ Rowdy. You can check out OddsShark’s Preview HERE and BUY the fight HERE for $9.99. It goes up to $15.99 the day of the fight so why not save yourself 6 bucks on the Fight of the Millennium between Tex & Hank? What a deal!