Alright…I’m finally back down to Earth after a 1-2 week. The fucking WNBA killed us with that low-scoring bullshit as the Liberty won their game 85-55….best defense I’ve ever seen the Libs play. I still love the WNBA and am still 17-4 in my last 7 blogs though.
Thanks to the .333 winning percentage last week, this is where the champions are made. I can either come back hot this week or continue to fall over into my grave. May Brent Musberger, Pete Rose, and Jimmy the Greek be with me in spirit as I make this week’s picks sans the WNBA. Shoutout to all the girls that are headed to Seattle for the All-Star Festivities this weekend.
- A’s/Mets Over 9
- We know the Mets are always right there with some of the best over teams in the league but the A’s aren’t too far behind with their respectable 52-41-2 O/U record on the season to go with a 24-19-1 O/U record on the road. These teams may not meet too much as well yet we’re gonna go with history as they’re 7-3 on the over in their last 10 meetings.
- Padres/Giants Over 7.5
- Trevor Cahill against Jeff Samardzija is music to my ears. These 2 terrible teams with the records of 40/54 and 37/59 will solely be swinging for the fences tonight. I don’t think they have anything else better to do!
- Marlins/Reds Over 9.5
- As you can see with the Padres and Giants pick I am a HUGE sucker for 2 terrible teams playing on a Saturday night. It’s Cincinnati, the wind from the river will be blowing out, all the fans will be drunk and hopped up on Skyline…it’s simply a recipe for runs. Take that recipe and add in a little cayenne pepper (Homer Bailey v. Jose Urena) and it’s a near guarantee.
- Bonus Pick- WNBA All-Star Game Over
- The odds aren’t out for this yet. Take it anyway. 3:30pm on ABC. Enjoy it.
That’s all for me this week, folks. Maybe take some ponies at the Spa? As always you can find me on Twitter for questions, comments, concerns @glenny_balls. God Bless everyone.