Most of us were in work all day so we missed the game in Cuba, but the long and short of it is that Derek Jeter stole the show. Obama was there, Michelle was there, Castro’s kid was there, all of these world leaders and the most important person there was Derek Jeter.
He sat down for a 12 minute interview with the ESPN crew, which is outside of his normal style, but we got a bit of insight into his retired life. Key takeaways were:
- Obama lied about the golf game but Jeter did smoke him, because he’s a winner.
- He hasn’t been watching much baseball because he needed to step away from the game. He will be diving back in soon so he can buy into a team. I hope the Yankees.
- He loves content but also throws it around like Portnoy does, which gives no confidence that he knows what it means.
- Cuba was cool and he ate lobster. Didn’t mention any other local delicacies he indulged in, if you know what I mean.
- We won’t see him at Spring Training soon. Honestly it’s weird for a retired guy to want to put a uniform on and not play.
- Derek plays a lot of golf now.
- The Yankees will always figure it out cause they’re the best.
- If you want to know more read The Players Tribune. #pageviews