Absolutely huge weekend that saw the Yankees take 2-3 (should have been a sweep) from the Rays and then come from behind the Orioles like a married couple trying to spice things up in the bedroom. In the last 10 games, the Yankees have gone 8-2 while only gaining 1 game on the Blue Jays but like I said last week, all we have to do is keep it close enough to handle our own business head to head with Toronto.
The rest of this series against Baltimore are easily winnable games started by Tanaka and CC who both have something to prove in order to get ready for the playoffs. Tanaka hasn’t been great this year at all times, but has seemed to step up when we needed him the most and when the bullpen needs a rest. Tonight is another one of those games because even though we have the extra arms in the pen, seeing most of them (Capuano) in a game is a bad sign. CC on the other hand has let us down most of the time we needed him to step up, but recently has found glimmers of his old self. The hope is that in the last 2 weeks he has had off, CC has gotten healthy both physically and mentally because if he can’t deliver, he will find himself in the bullpen in October.
While the wins have been great and keeping pace has been important, we do have to be concerned about the health of the team moving forward. Tex has been a blow to us even with Bird coming up clutch, but losing Eovaldi may be a bigger blow than anyone realizes. His overall stats aren’t that impressive but he leads the team in victories, innings pitched and starts. Most people don’t like that wins are a stat but at the end of the day, he gives the team chances to win by keeping the ball on the ground and in the playoffs, with our lineup, we just need chances to win in the playoffs.
Tell All Book
So KFC covered this earlier today and guess what? In a shocking turn of events, king hater sided with the guy accusing the Yankees of trying to rape him. These accusations could make all Yankee fans furious, but they are just so ridiculous, we just have to laugh at them. Let look at them all and laugh together.
- George Steinbrenner spied on players using secret security cameras in the clubhouse, and was actively involved in the Iran-Contra Affair.George was a winner and if winning involved keeping track of your players by making sure they weren’t doing any of the things that they are being accused of you bet George was doing it. As for the Iran-Contra stuff, I write for Barstool so I have no idea what that means, but he probably did it. No one got rich not being involved in shady stuff. So Maybe some of this stuff is true but it was all part of winning.
- Outfielder Gerald Williams had sex with an underage concession stand worker in a storage closet.How underage? Every time I go to the stadium all the attendants are over 18 so they can sell booze so I just don’t see him being in that position. Plus, Gerald Williams wasn’t cool enough that young people would like him. he was more likely to get his with a “What are those?” for the way he dresses.
- Cecil Fielder played drunk on vodka, and Darryl Strawberry drank whiskey during games. Nope just didn’t happen. Tell me it’s coke and I believe you but Darryl Strawberry drank beer and did hard drugs. Drinking whiskey to hide from your problems is a white thing to do so I just can’t believe this. Cecil being drunk from the night before is plausible but that’s just life.
- Bob Wickman, Jeff Nelson and Mariano Rivera tried to sexually assault him with a baseball bat. Was there some rough housing in the clubhouse? Of course there, was but that doesn’t mean that 3 MLB players are trying to rape a kid in the clubhouse before a game and I don’t think it could go down after a game with all the media there.
- Batboys created a market of forged autographs on Yankees memorabilia.
This sounds more like an admitted crime than anything else. Early 90’s in the Bronx a bunch of teenagers tried to make some side money? Who gives a shit? There is a chance that anything you but in the Bronx at any given time is fake, Everyone knows that and its the risk we take.
- Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada engaged in sexual relations in the clubhouse sauna at the end of their first season with the team. Jeter and Posada then allowed Priore to perform oral sex on them in order to keep him quiet.
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my entire life. First of all you want me to believe that Derek Jeter has this but decided he needed this on the side? No shot because Jorge isn’t good looking enough for Derek. You give me the 10 gayest guys in the world and each and every one of them is fucking Mariah first. Then you want me to believe that to cover it up Derek let a young Louis CK with Aids blow him? It just doesn’t make sense that if Derek were gay, he wouldn’t bang the hottest guys. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.
Overall, this is a pathetic attempt by a guy who has nothing to lose because when he gets sued, there is probably nothing to take from him to try and get some hush money or sell some books at the team’s expense. A lot of people hate the Yankees so they will jump on board this guys bandwagon, but if you believe a guy who has such great proof, he had to go on Craislist to find a co-author 8 YEARS AGO, I don’t know what else you should do besides end it all because you’re a danger to society.