Make it 5 straight wins for the Boston Bruins as they kicked off their 3 game series against the Buffalo Sabres with a 2-0 shutout win.
Brad Marchand opened up the scoring with his 24th of the year, the Bruins top line with a few solid shifts in the o-zone and finally cashed in. 1-0 Bruins.
Connor Clifton squeaked a point shot through Dustin Tokarski. 2-0 Bruins.
The Sabres had a few man advantages in the 3rd but couldn't beat Tuukka Rask.
FINAL: Boston 2, Buffalo 0
News, notes and quotes:
- Matt Grzelcyk returned to the lineup tonight, played a healthy 21:06 while paired with Charlie McAvoy.
- Ho hum another day another goal for Brad Marchand. Picked up his 24th of the season in the 1st period. McDavid will probably win the Hart but Marchand should be in the conversation.
- With Grzelcyk's return we saw a Lauzon - Zboril third pairing and it was something. Can't complain too much though when the B's have been rolling to the tune of 5 straight wins. However it was a sloppy third period for the entire team.
- B's gave the Sabres entirely too many opportunities on the PP, especially late in the game. Some of the calls I didn't agree with, but they certainly didn't help themselves.
- Tuukka Rask started for the second straight game, and shut out the Buffalo Sabres with 32 saves. None better than this stop on Dylan Cozens. What. A Save. Best player on the ice tonight. 51st career shut out for TR40.
A look at the standings:
B's back at it for another tilt against the Sabres on Thursday night.
It was a great night to win a hockey game.
whispers 5-0 in the Taylor Hall era.