I was going to ask Pat to blog this since he is more of a beer guy, but since he is Out & About today, I am going to take a poke at it instead.
It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies
And sex on T.V
But where are those good old-fashioned values...
On which we used to rely?!?!
Lucky there's a...
Designed to speak directly and authentically to diverse consumers, Gay Beer is intended to pioneer change and inclusivity in the beer market. Honoring the rich heritage of the LGBTQ+ communities past and recognizing the integrity of the communities present, Gay Beer celebrates the connections made through sharing a beer with the people you love.
This new brand of designer suds is the brainchild of Jon Moore and Jason Pazmino who are "avid beer drinkers and proud members of the queer community."
These 2 gents recognized a gaping hole in the beer market and filled it with a brew that is meant to prioritize and represent a diverse group of drinkers that wants to be seen, heard, and celebrated.
And, in the spirit of inclusion, they invite everyone with a working credit card to "Go straight for Gay Beer!"
Speaking as a middle-aged Irish Catholic male who was raised in a household where gays may have been cited as the source of hurricanes, I gotta say 3 things:
1) I fucking LOVE this idea.
2) I am jealous that I didn't think of it first.
And 3) I hope they make a kajillion dollars off of it.
Just a couple of other facts before I try and throw in some more innuendo...
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of GAY BEER goes directly towards charities providing programs for the health, wellness, and community connection of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Much like me, this beer was born in Brooklyn, and, unlike me (as far as you know), this smooth-but-bubbly concoction goes down reeeeeaaaaal easy in just about any situation.
- The beer itself is a *twunk-friendly, gluten-free, and easy-drinking golden lager that is made with a combination of malt grains and Bavarian hops. The custom 5.0 ABV blend introduces nutty flavors with gentle notes of honey, subtle citrus, and adventure!
(I added the "and adventure!" part)
And to put my money where my mouth has never been, I am going to order up a case of this right now to serve at Barstool Breakfast's next Gentleman's Friday... There is a special on the website where a case of 24 cans comes with free shipping and a free coozie (which appears to be ribbed).
You can order yours here.
Bottoms up!... And take a report.
* Twunk is a combination of a "twink" and a "hunk", and I assume neither enjoy gluten. Looking through the full list of accepted gay group labels, I (along with a couple of friends) am a "Discreet Bear"...
You can hear Pat and Kate host irreverent conversations on gay culture, trending topics, and everything in between on the Out & About Podcast which drops every Wednesday...