Alright. That's it. This game has bad juju written all over it and I've had just about enough.
- The Packers have tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Niners have tested positive for COVID-19.
- The Packers have shut down operations because of the positive test results.
- The Niners have shut down operations because of the positive test results.
- The Packers are missing their entire backfield.
- The Niners are missing their entire backfield.
- The Packers are without several key players.
- The Niners are without the majority of their key players.
Umm... at what point do we stop pretending tomorrow's game is a real game? How many more things need to go wrong before we throw in the towel and reschedule the matchup?
Yes, I'm fully aware Green Bay has a major advantage over San Francisco, not just on the injury front, but when it comes to preparation. And yes, I understand most people would quietly take the win against a team that's wreaked havoc on their season year after year. Especially after you factor in the insanely remarkable stats that all but guarantee a W.
I should be happy the Packers will likely not be completely humiliated by the Niners. Hell, they might even be the ones doing the humiliating! So what if it's against a team that happens to be a skeleton of the team they were meant to be - a win is a win. And when it comes to San Francisco, you take what you're given, say thanks, and move on.
BUT either the football gods are working hard to ensure a Green Bay win... or shit's not right. I don't know what it is exactly, and I'm not willing to put possible negative outcomes out in the universe, but this just seems too easy. And too much bad has happened for it to just calmly culminate in a drama-free win for the Packers.
I don't trust it one bit.