Daily Mail – A maths student suffered third degree burns after a plastic protein shake beaker containing boiling water exploded in his face.
Dion Chilton, 19, poured boiling water into the drink container to sterilise it but when he put the lid on the high heat and pressure caused it to explode.
The teenager said he feared he was going blind as the water scalded his face and his skin started to peel off.
His older brother Brendan, 25, found him writhing in agony on his kitchen floor and called 999.
Mr Chilton, who is studying at Kent University, said: ‘I poured water from the kettle in a small flask, put the lid on and where the water was boiling and there was too much steam it just exploded in my face.
‘All my skin started peeling off my face.
‘I could only see black and I was panicking that I had lost my eyesight.’
Working out…what’s even the point? Seriously why even bother? Used to think that it was important to keep yourself toned and cut up to get laid, now it’s 2015 and we’re in the middle of the Dad Bod craze and all that is out the window. You spend an hour of your day working your ass off and sweating all over the gym and for what, to show up at the beach next weekend and watch the fat doofus with the beer gut scoop up all the chicks? That’s today, next week it will probably be like the Male Anorexia Body fad going viral from Cosmo. Not even worth it. Basically everyone gets laid these days. Fat dudes with man tits get laid all the time. Skinny dudes with noodle arms get laid all the time. Only dudes who don’t get laid at this point are the freaks with melted off deformed faces because their protein shakers exploded directly onto their cheeks.