Last night I got this tweet & it instantly made my mind spin like I was trying to pass the math portion of the ACT...for those keeping track at home when I took the ACT they told me my brain was not at a college level for mathematics. Little did they know I'd be a college dropout in 3 years to work for the only company out there that's greater than Outback Steakhouse so who's laughing now @ACTcommittee, huh?!?!?
Anyway that's enough venting out my subpar brain. This is about Vincent Chase & which of his movies I'd wanna watch if I could only watch one. Despite there being no comedies, we got a wide range of action/drama/romance/superhero shit so this should be interesting. I'm just gonna bang out the whole filmography with a Win, Place, Show at the end.
- A Walk to Remember (2002)
- This is a toughie as it's the only real-life movie on this list banging out a 7.4 on IMDb with the description of "The story of two North Carolina teens, Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan, who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service". I'm not one to shy away from a nice romance so I could see myself enjoying this, although I really don't know if I could go through with it knowing what it did to my guy Vinny Chase. I mean this is year's later and poor Vince still can't get over Mandy. I don't wanna see where this love affair all started.
- Head-On (2004)
- Okay now this is a dark horse! You're giving me a Vincent Chase suspense/mystery co-starring with Jessica Alba? YES PLEASE. Not to mention this is the flick that started all of Entourage it's premiere is the basis for the pilot. Just very close to my heart.
- Queens Boulevard (2005)
- Clearly QB needs to be in the upper echelon along with Aquaman. Sadly not much of the plot is ever revealed outside of what Vinny tells Ethan Suplee right there. So I guess he's some sort of outlaw that committed some crimes in Queens before having to run away? Either way, that sounds like a hoot along with a fire cast including Suplee, Katie Holmes, Robert Redford, Robert Duvall, and Zooey Deschanel. I mean that's a CAST. Maybe a better cast than those random romcoms that come out every few years about a holiday that feature every famous person under the Sun like Valentine's Day & New Year's Eve.
- Aquaman (2006)
- I know I said A Walk To Remember is the only real movie on this list and that's because it is. The Aquaman we saw in real life starred Jason Momoa & was directed by James Wan with 12+ years of more CGI technology to use. Nonetheless the question remains- Wan/Momoa or Cameron/Chase…who ya got?
- Medellin (2006)
- Oh no. The movie I've been fearing. Vincent Chase's personal Love Guru…the movie that put our guy VInny's career in a bigger whole than the Grand Canyon. From a fan standpoint this is intriguing because it's by far the closest look we've gotten at a Vinny Chase joint because of the full whole documentary-style episode dedicated to it & trailer. That's one KICK ASS trailer at that. Yet I guess we have to trust the critics that it was a horrendous piece of shit so maybe we can sarcastically watch this one like we watch the Room? Vinny Chase sadly doesn't have the same ring to him as Tommy Wiseau though.
- Gatsby (2009)
- VINNY CHASE IS BACK! And by back I mean back in 2 ways. The 1st is that he's starring as Nick Carraway in Martin Scorsese's (ever heard of him?) Gatsby. The 2nd is that he happened to take Gal Gadot to the premiere 8 years before Wonder Woman. You can say many things about Vincent Chase, but you can't argue that the guy knows talent when he sees it.
- Ferrari (2010)
- I gotta say I'm not really a car guy so this will absolutely not be entering my top 3. I'd waaaay rather see Frank Darabont stick more to the prisons rather than racecourses…but that's just me.
- Hyde (2012)
- Ey! The movie inside the Entourage movie! I gotta say that I'm not the biggest EDM guy in the world (Doing molly for the first time was my New Year's Resolution which has sadly been put aside due to the pandemic) yet this movie looks kinda pimp. I love the idea of having Calvin Harris in it as well. Ari loved the movie & I'm trusting the most powerful agent in Hollywood's movie opinion.
I think I'm gonna shock the world with this Win, Place, Show.
SHOW- Head On
PLACE- Queens Boulevard
Looks like I'm a director guy as I'm going with the young directorial prodigy in Billy Walsh for my silver medal winner & one Martin Scorsese for the winner. You know what they say…Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Casino, The Departed, Gatsby.