(DailyBeast) — Bottles of Fireball whiskey, the insanely-popular, cinnamon-flavored, frathouse favorite, are being recalled in Finland, Sweden and Norway—because it’s got too much antifreeze inside. Late last week, the whiskey’s European bottler informed the makers of Fireball that they were out of compliance with European regulations. The Fireballers prepare two versions: a recipe for Canada and the United States containing the antifreeze chemical, propylene glycol, and a European version that has less of the stuff. “It appears that we shipped our North American formula to Europe and found that one ingredient is out of compliance with European regulations,” a Fireball spokeswoman told The Daily Beast in an email. “Finland, Sweden and Norway have asked to recall those specific batches which is what we are doing.” (There’s no word of an American recall.)
I just have two things to say about this. 1: Europeans are pussies. Can’t handle a little propylene glycol in your riot juice, guys? Let me guess, you throw away any food you drop in the floor even if you pick it up within 5 seconds too. Have some balls, please. Wahhh there’s a few drops of antifreeze in my drink I’m gonna die!!! Send it back across the Atlantic and we’ll drink that shit. The more flammable the better, I’m looking to get weird.
Secondly, on a completely unrelated note, I’m done with Fireball. Been over it for a while now. It’s out. I’m not sure what’s in, but Fireball is definitely out. It had a real good run but you won’t see me purchasing another shot of it ever. I can’t stress enough that it has nothing to do with the fact that it’s poisoned, I’ll drink poison no problem, it’s good for the immune system. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I’m just sick of it. Tequila or bust.