Despite coming out firing in the first period, the Bruins had nothing to show for it other than a 17-8 SOG advantage. Early in the second period Ryan O’Reilly made it 1-0 after a sick between the legs pass from Zach Sanford below the goal line. The Blues looked like they had too many men previous to O’Reilly scoring. But the most ‘egregious’ non-call of the night was Tyler Bozak tripping/slew-footing Noel Acciari and David Perron making it a 2-0 game. Jake DeBrusk added a goal late but the Bruins couldn’t beat Binnington (who was pretty good) twice.
Now onto the god awful officiating…. Here are the three massive non-calls from tonight (in order by when they happened).
1. Marcus Johansson checked to the head by Ivan Barbashev.
I wonder if Barbashev gets a call from DOPS after this.
2. Torey Krug checked to the head by Zach Sanford.
3. The biggest non-call was this obvious trip/slew foot from Tyler Bozak on Noel Acciari. This ended up being the game winning goal.
The NHL social team cropping out the trip is even funnier.
Bozak knew it was a fucking penalty too. He even put his arm up to protest it. A concussion spotter TOOK NOEL OUT OF THE GAME.
Bruce Cassidy sounded off on the officiating after the game.
This is just laugh out loud funny from Craig Berube. Not here to judge the officials except after Game 3.
Alright, enough about officiating. The Bruins were god awful in the second period. After a strong first, and then giving up an early goal in the second it was just so deflating. They battled in the 3rd but they ultimately didn’t stick to their game plan. I wonder if it was because they went 11 forwards and 7 D with Chara returning to the lineup tonight. Lots of different line combos. Marcus Johansson had one hell of a game. He played great on every line he was out there. I think at one point Joakim Nordstrom skated with David Krejci and David Pastrnak.
– Matt Grzelcyk’s return for Game 6 will be huge. Torey Krug and Brandon Carlo carried the weight on the back end with Zdeno Chara’s jaw all fucked up.
– Chara’s ovation tonight gave me chills. Literal chills. Playing two days after breaking his jaw. Warrior. Had some trouble with the puck in his skates and didn’t play a ton (which is why Cassidy went 7D).
– The Bruins had 3 power play chances and could barely enter the fucking zone. Horrible. Worst PP I’ve seen all year was in the second period.
– David Krejci did his best Michael Ryder impersonation….. because of another missed non-call.
– Jake DeBrusk scored late and hopefully it gets him going for Game 6.
– Need more out of the top six in general. Bergeron’s line and David Krejci. Was not a great night for Brad Marchand. Gonna need the leaders on this team to step up and force a Game 7.
Do or die now. Use this shit as motivation. I believe in this team and I believe we’ll be back in Boston on Wednesday night. Let’s go boys.